Tegan & Sara General Discussion | The Popjustice Forum

Tegan & Sara General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by ohnostalgia, Jun 13, 2017.

1. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

By popular demand (aka @digitalkaiser), lets have a thread to talk about our iconic Canadian lesbian folk pop rock duo post LYTD era.

They did a song with Ingrid Michaelson!

They did a song with All Time Low!

Tegan cut her hair!

They're touring The Con!!!!

Discuss.

2. Invented queer music.

constantino, Jwentz, R92 and 4 others like this.
  3. Queens. They are deserving of a general amazingness thread as they are still going strong and have given up bop after bop.
    In other news, I'm going to see them perform The Con and I couldn't be more excited!

constantino, R92, LE0Night and 3 others like this.
  4. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

constantino, R92, LE0Night and 2 others like this.
  5. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Sara's featured in the Do What You Want zine. I believe she's talking about her anxiety.

constantino, R92, LE0Night and 2 others like this.
  6. So Jealous is the better album for me, and was the real turning point for me from liking them to loving them.

Shame the tour is North America only got the moment, would have liked to go, maybe it'll come to Europe.

7. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

8. The Con is a modern classic FIGHT ME. Hearing the whole album in a live setting, beginning with I Was Married would end me.

9. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I get to experience it in October!

10. So happy for you, b.b. Hope you get a sore throat from hollering the lyrics to Nineteen xoxo.

send photo and ohnostalgia like this.
  11. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Fun fact: I was nineteen when nineteen was released.

12. Guess which album came out a whole decade ago on this very date. god i'm so fucking old

13. The Con being ten years old is brutal.

As well as being a thoroughly ace album, it also ushered in the Golden Age Of Tegan & Sara Videos On YouTube. The Forest Fones vids are incredible. The Valentines Day things they did for some American university variant of MTV* were brills. Their guest appearances on This Just Out with Liz Feldman are joyous.

HEALTH WARNING: don't start watching T&S chat vids on YouTube unless you have a good couple hours to lose to the wonder of it all.

*Having done a wee check, these evidently date from 2006. But there's a YouTube upload from 2008, so it counts.

14. Most wonderful surprise of the week, probably; they're doing lead vocals on electronic artisté Matthew Dear's new single (check out Black City if you ever find the time, it's absolutely brilliant), it sounds like a richer and warmer take on the LY2D sound while serving You Wouldn't Like Me lyrical throwbacks and it's just generally really lovely.

Slice of Life and ohnostalgia like this.
  15. Ground Control is a great track and my fave guest appearance along with the Against Me! collab.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  16. The Con was one of the first albums I bought. I was nine at the time.

17. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I want Sara to crush me:

[​IMG]

18. T&S have been really busy on the festival circuit this summer. Highlights would be the performances at Bonnaroo and Lollapolooza Chicago. Well worth a watch!

19. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

@Jwentz every time I try to share something T&S related: NAWT until I get the covers line up.

20. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

FUCK U.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.