Tegan & Sara - General Discussion | Page 10 | The Popjustice Forum

Tegan & Sara - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by ohnostalgia, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

I love them so much.

2. I definitely fucked up by not getting the Heartthrob vinyl on Discogs last spring before the vinyl boom drove the price through the roof. Meanwhile LY2D is like $13

mattieh and ohnostalgia like this.
  3. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

If only I’d known what extortion would come, I would’ve gone over my traditional vinyl budget and bought it when Heartthrob was still in print.

drewsky likes this.
  4. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Heartthrob and The Con are restocked in their vinyl store!

5. Shame postage is more than the vinyl.

2014 likes this.
  6. Seeing this the day I say I won’t buy anymore vinyl for a while....

michaelhird and ohnostalgia like this.
  7. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Definitely not the case for me. Shipping was almost half the cost of the vinyl. Not great.... but I feel for you.

8. Straight up unambiguous all-guitar punk pop T&S with a fab chorus? Yes, ma'am.

[​IMG]

9. Not pressing play to be told its not available in my country (yet!) Almost as disappointing as when they emailed to say they cancelled my Heartthrob order!!! At least I will soon have The Con on vinyl to cry with

10. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

They did this to me too. I hope they can do another pressing.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  11. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Read that as Bad Bunny at first and that would've been a collab...

nooniebao and ohnostalgia like this.
  12. The Beach Bunny collaboration is so cute! I love the original and it’s nice to see them featured on a recently viral TikTok song that’s climbing on Alternative Radio in the US right now.

13. And the remix will be added to Pop radio.

nooniebao likes this.
  14. Look what I found searching for fresh Canadian content:
    CBC - Tegan and Sara, teenage twin musicians , 1998

15. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I see Tegan (at least I’m pretty sure it’s Tegan) always posting on their Twitter about how every song she writes is terrible now. It doesn’t make me hopeful for a new album, but to be fair it’s only been two years since the last one and most of that time was during quarantine.

At least we have a chance to see them perform online:

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  16. I am very curious where they move next! Hey I’m just like you really leaves it wide open. They could keep going in this Alt pop with more guitars than synth sound, get back to edgy Con territory or bring back more pop sound. I sort of hope for something more unexpected like a full on folk effort or harder rock sounds

ohnostalgia likes this.
  17. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I think it was Neil Young who told them that artists make their best albums in their forties. I’m anticipating this masterpiece, especially since I think they’re out of their chart chasing phase. This is not a knock on Heartthrob, I’m just stating the reality that they really hoped that album would give them wider appeal.

18. They’re going into the studio in July apparently, and Sara is writing bangers.

19. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

New song!!!

aux, Vasilios, ohnostalgia and 2 others like this.
  20. This is like @londonrain and @ohnostalgia forcing a queer collaboration!

Slice of Life and ohnostalgia like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.