Tegan & Sara General Discussion | Page 7 | The Popjustice Forum

Tegan & Sara General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by ohnostalgia, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Fuuuuuuuuuck.

I need Cyndi Lauper to do another electronic album.

R92, LE0Night and ohnostalgia like this.
  2. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

The original Knife Going In creeps me the fuck out on a good day, but Mykki really pushed it. I’m so glad it didn’t get a safe cover that smoothed the edges.

R92, LE0Night and johnny_tsunami like this.
  3. Where are we hearing this?

4. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

It’s out already in certain time zones, at least on Apple Music/iTunes. Spotify probably as well if @Jwentz can hear it.

5. I am so mad about Nineteen. Of all people, I expected to really wail the chorus as it's meant to be. As it is, it's just pointless and limp, especially compared to the rest of the album.

6. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I think it’s the low point after that cover that doesn’t actually exist, for sure.

constantino, R92, LE0Night and 2 others like this.
  7. Wow PVRIS really made "Are You Ten Years Ago?" their own. It's sounds like a completely different song.

"Dark Come Soon" by Trashique~ is also great.

Hayley's "Nineteen" is cute, but I was desperately waiting for it to kick off. It's just not the same without a drum beat.

constantino, R92, LE0Night and 2 others like this.
  8. On my first shuffle through now.

That City and Colour cover of Hop a Plane really brings out the gorgeous chorus melody by slowing it down, but now I'm depressed.

I'm so glad MUNA kept in the "I promise this" refrains in Relief Next to Me.

EDIT: FUUUuuuuuck Grimes' vocals on Dark Come Soon. Wig.

constantino, R92, ohnostalgia and 3 others like this.
  9. This is such a great nostalgic release, will be on repeat today.
    MOMS. Queens of picking up and coming talent and legends for their cover project.

Not you Ryan Adams, you can choke.

I see you @ohnostalgia and your iconic promo

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  10. R92

R92

I find it odd that they relegated the only cover of “Back In Your Head” to bonus track status, but ah well...

constantino, 2014, Lander and 7 others like this.
  11. I'm pretty sad especially with Haley's involvement, that Nineteen is so disappointing. It's one of my favorite songs on The Con and it deserves some energy with that chorus. There is a certain wild abandon and youthful energy to the original that just doesn't translate with the slower production and limp vocals.

Otherwise its a great compilation album!

Petty Mayonnaise, R92 and ohnostalgia like this.
  12. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I refuse to go to Comeback Corner though. I don’t need hatred of my fave Tegan and Sara song today, no way.

13. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

Random but I really like Sara Bareilles' cover.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  14. What were they THINKING by relegating Cyndi's cover to a bonus track?? It's one of the very best on the album. In general, it's very morose in tone so I'm grateful for the upbeat moments from MUNA and Trashique.

15. Only on an album like The Con could those songs be considered a break from the misery. Tegan and Sara did that.

16. This is all just so good.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  17. The Grimes one is incredible.

18. They did Soil, Soil so dirty, though. Such a gorgeous melody and it's been hacked up with 90% of the song thrown out.

slaybellz likes this.
  19. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I’m also sad that Jack took out lyrics from Burn Your Life Down. That bridge was always my favourite part and I think he could’ve still done it subdued.

TeganFan99 and johnny_tsunami like this.
  20. Shura's take on The Con may have been better if I hadn't heard Chvrches do the same thing to Call It Off much better first.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.