Tegan & Sara General Discussion | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

Tegan & Sara General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by ohnostalgia, Jun 13, 2017.

1. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Tegan’s on the new Ria Mae album (credited solo which isn’t usually their traditional M.O.)

2. I wish Sara didn't hate the guitar so much, she always made such odd little low key bops on it.

constantino, R92, LE0Night and 6 others like this.
  3. Relief Next To Me (Muna), Dark Come Soon (Grimes) and Are You Ten Years Ago (Pvris) are the best tracks. A lot of the tracks I don't like as they are just too slow and are missing the interesting production and arrangements of the originals.

4. I agree. The bridge is one of the highlights of the album. It's so intense.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  5. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

6. I’ve loved Tegan and Sara many years and seen them live countless times, but Ruth B takes I Was Married to a place they couldn’t even dream of, just amazing.

7. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I really liked the Bad Ones collab so I hope this is good too. I’m assuming it’s probably a Sara vocal.

Ferk likes this.
  8. On first listen I was underwhelmed but I think at this point I've come to the conclusion if I start listening when Tegan and Sara start singing then it's amazing. Love the lyrics: "It feels like its just been way too long/Since my broken heart has trusted someone"

ohnostalgia likes this.
  9. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

10. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I know we’re not owed a reaction and the scrutiny should firmly remain on Ryan Adams, but I’m still disappointed Tegan and Sara have not said anything about his behaviour. Especially after they put him on an album specifically designed to raise funds for their charity supporting LGBT women.

Slice of Life and slaybellz like this.
  11. I just went to check out The Con X on Spotify and it looks like his version of Back In Your Head has been removed and replaced in the tracklisting by the Cyndi Lauper version?

12. It's been a few days. I think people are allowed to...sit with things before they say anything.

Granted, if it's longer than a few days it gets questionable.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  13. The way it always should have been

14. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Well that’s good. Ryan’s still showing up on my Spotify.

It’s more like a week. But that’s why I said disappointed, not angry.

15. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

16. Sainthood Hive is still out here spreading the gospel!

17. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Sprockrooster and Heartthrob like this.
  18. Monumental!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.