Tennis | Page 282 | The Popjustice Forum

Tennis

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by backstreetjoe, Oct 25, 2009.

2. Don’t try it, noonie! I’ve been down this road so many times through so many years with Sloane!

londonrain and nooniebao like this.
  3. You were saying?

londonrain and relby like this.
  4. Oh, Seb didn’t play a very good match. He rushed too often, went for too much, and so many of his shots lacked confidence, rarely did he let his natural firepower take hold. It’ll be interesting to see if Karen let’s loose against Carlos, because he too has the firepower to take it to him, but you have to really believe and understand Charlie is going to run for every ball and get back 99.8% of them.

AllRed and nooniebao like this.
  5. I feel for Badosa, I don't think her struggles are for lack of trying, it's just her body seems to be catching up to all the tennis she's played over the past year.

Sabalenka... honestly, watching her fight this whole year even though she has no form, it's kind of inspiring and makes me, strangely, more confident about her future if she's able to find her A-game again.

londonrain and nooniebao like this.
  6. Swiatek is winning this easily isn’t she? She was always the favourite post-Barty retirement, but these recent exits have her looking even more unbeatable.

Artemisia likes this.
  7. It's just a matter of who she plays in the final at this point. My money's still on Anisimova.

8. Hopefully it wasn’t too much.

londonrain likes this.
  9. *Jill Scott voice* 5.99 or somethin' like that...

In all seriousness, I should just shut up and stop trying to predict anything.

10. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

This thread’s jinx continues ddd.

11. Nadal in DANGER? Come through FAA.

nooniebao likes this.
  12. What’s a reverse jinx then dd?

13. nvm

londonrain likes this.
  14. I adore Felix but it's impossible not to root for Rafa (mostly because of Novax's very existence).

ALEX, AllRed and Sick Sad World like this.
  15. Sloane randomly deciding to be good at tennis again.

londonrain and AllRed like this.
  16. I’ve got tickets for the main court tomorrow. It’s my first ever Grand Slam so I am beyond buzzing!

ALEX, Someboy, Slice of Life and 5 others like this.
  17. Tsitsipas upset by Rune today. And, there’s another American in the quarterfinals. Pegula’s been so consistent this year.

phily693 and Someboy like this.
  18. Potential Swiatek upset on the way?

phily693 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.