Tennis | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Tennis

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by backstreetjoe, Oct 25, 2009.

1. GO SERENA! 41 straight first round wins in Grand Slams. Good ol' Roge won his first match as well.

2. Hope Bally does well against Safina tonight. Would be an awesome scalp if she could make the 4th round. Great to see Sarah Borwell come through doubles 1st round as well.

3. Boo Kim.

I hate Justine Henin.

I miss Martina Hingis!

4. Serena Williams = Legend.

5. 17 aces today!

6. Can I just say congrats to Elena Baltacha on a huge win in Indian Wells beating the 7th seed and Aussie Open semi-finalist Li Na, saving match points along the way, to win 9-7 in the final set tie-break. Bally has done so well this year, qualifying for two tournaments down under and then making 3rd round at the Aussie again. Plus she won a 100k tournament in the US before qualifying at Indian Wells and now has a great chance of making the next round as she is playing Alicia Molik in round 3. Hopefully the top 50 is now within distance.

7. Gotta go for Molik.
    Now that Dokic and her career is going down the loo, I need an Australian to support!
    Stosur is meh to me.
    But I like Baltacha and Keothavong!

8. I'd love to see Alicia do well again but I have to root for Bally on this one.

9. Isner v Mahut - ten hours of tennis......now that is sport.

10. It was truly phenomenal.

11. How Isner has managed to not just keel over and retire is beyond me. It's been absolutely amazing to watch - and still not over!

12. Such a shock to see Elen Dementieva retire. The end of season champs in Doha seem a bit limp to me although the Zvonareva/Wozniacki match had its moments as did some of the matches with Schiavone who is always so delightful to watch.

Makes me long for the end of year champs from yesteryear when they were played at Madison Square Garden. I recall the 5 set finals with Sabatini, Seles and co. Those were the days!

13. Anybody give a shit about the Australian Open? My hero Serena isn't playing, Venus will choke/play awfully as she always does at the AO, and Sharapova is a hair away from retirement. Still might be fun though! Hoping for Clijsters and Henin to lose as quickly as possible.

Mens side slightly more interesting to me for once. Federer, Nadal, Djokovic. Could be quite fun. Only mens player I really care for is DelPo and he ain't winning it though.

14. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

I'm huge on tennis my favorites are Caroline Woznacki, Ana Ivanovic, and Novak Djokvic.
    Caroline and Ana both might have a shot. Ana has been climbing back up the rankings and Austrlian Open been one of her better tournments, and Caroline get really do well except maybe on grass so I'm excited.

for the guys as long as Nadal doesn't win I'm happy

15. Ivanovic has absolutely zero chance. Wozniacki's been given a bitch of a draw (not that I'm complaining; she bores me to tears) with Cibulkova in 3R, Bartoli 4R and Henin QF.

16. MollieSwift21

Ivanovic is on her britney comeback and she has reached the final before! (though Cligsters will be hard)

And I don't think Caroline has that bad of a draw. The first two don't seem that bad. That Bartoli girls just werid shouldn't be too much of a problem. The main reason I like Caroline is her playing style very similar to mine!

Did you see Caroline match in Doha at .the end of the year tournment? If not go to this video to like :50 mark. I was very impressed by this most player would have given up in my opinon!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALHObkStAt0&playnext=1&list=PLAEA7E8F1193BA20E&index=1

17. I like Caroline and she should have no problems until she meets Henin. Bartoli isn't half as good as her.

If I could pick the winner it would be either Petrova, Sharapova or Venus but it will probably be either Henin, Clijsters or Serena.

18. MollieSwift21

Serena is out with an "injury"

19. Oh right. I reaally haven't been keeping up with the tennis world lately. Must catch up. *Goes to ESPN.com*

20. MollieSwift21

While this injury might be real, one of my biggest problems with her is her lack of commitment or only playing the tournements with large amount of money. They had to make a whole rule because her and her sister about playing a certain amount of tournments a year. Then she complained about her ranking but you have to play if you want to be ranked number 1!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.