Tennis

Aryna is fucking incredible, that’s all. How I love this woman! Today she dropshotted Elina to death and won an epic three setter while battling a back injury, really hoping it’s nothing serious.

The WTA is delivering again just like in Madrid while the ATP is in shambles!

Sinner possibly not playing the French Open.

The men's side could be a mess this year. We only have three former champions and they're all 35+. Wawrinka is washed, Djokovic looks seriously off the boil and Nadal getting through seven best-of-five-set matches looks a fantasy at this point; he's going there to say goodbye if he goes at all.

At what should be the perfect time for a young gun to grab this slam, the two most obvious contenders have question marks over their fitness.

The men's side could be a mess this year. We only have three former champions and they're all 35+. Wawrinka is washed, Djokovic looks seriously off the boil and Nadal getting through seven best-of-five-set matches looks a fantasy at this point; he's going there to say goodbye if he goes at all.

At what should be the perfect time for a young gun to grab this slam, the two most obvious contenders have question marks over their fitness.
Yup, even Medvedev who’s made strides on clay over the years is pretty seriously injured. We could have a random/unexpected French Open champion on the men’s side for the first time in 20 years.

The wildcard decisions for Roland Garros don't look very commercial, do they? Leaving out two-time finalist Thiem on his farewell appearance is really bizarre.

On the women's side, I can understand Cornet as this tournament will be her swansong, but Mladenovic? Her singles career went into immediate freefall after that shameful display against Muguruza in 2017 and never recovered. As for Halep, I'm not sure if they deliberately left her out to be consistent with their treatment of Sharapova, but Simona had served about eight months on top of her final punishment by the time of her appeal outcome, unlike Maria.

Yup, even Medvedev who’s made strides on clay over the years is pretty seriously injured. We could have a random/unexpected French Open champion on the men’s side for the first time in 20 years.
This should be prime time for Tsitsipas. It feels like he'll never have a better chance.

The wildcard decisions for Roland Garros don't look very commercial, do they? Leaving out two-time finalist Thiem on his farewell appearance is really bizarre.
This just seems even worse now, we've had both Thiem and former semi-finalist Schwartzman (who retires in February at his home tournament in Buenos Aires) saying their farewells in the qualifiers. All to accommodate some French nobodies who won't make it to next Wednesday?

I actually think it's a good thing that Naomi could face Iga in R2.
Absolutely no pressure to win that one so can just play free and see what happens and no one will say losing to Iga, the world number one on her favourite surface, is something to be ashamed of.