Tennis

Medvedev is just way too passive. This gameplan won't work against Alcaraz on grass of all surfaces.

0plYCIx.gif

Wimbledon is gonna be wide open for the women this era huh. It’s becoming what Roland Garros was before Iga’s reign.
I think the bigger problem is that out of those who have lifted the trophy since Serena's last win, only Rybakina had anything like a decent run at defending her title. Everyone else either made an early exit the following year (Muguruza, Kerber and now Vondrousova) or didn't play at all (Halep, Barty). We could really do with some players making deep runs consistently.

Carlos hasn't brought anything like his best level for much of the tournament, so I really hope he's saving it all for Sunday.

I think the bigger problem is that out of those who have lifted the trophy since Serena's last win, only Rybakina had anything like a decent run at defending her title. Everyone else either made an early exit the following year (Muguruza, Kerber and now Vondrousova) or didn't play at all (Halep, Barty). We could really do with some players making deep runs consistently.
It woulda been nice to see how far Sabalenka could have went this year if she weren't injured. She's already made the SFs twice.

Really wonder how the men’s final will go. Novak’s level has been noticeably poorer compared to his floor and ceiling in 2023. So, it’ll be interesting to see if he’s able to perform at the level necessary to beat Alcaraz on Sunday.

The fact that a British unknown gave Novak more of a fight than anyone else, and that none of the so-called top players in his half of the draw even lasted long enough to face him, is a truly damning indictment of men's tennis.

Whoever you are, the first time you meet an opponent who's not afraid of you shouldn't be in the final.