Tennis | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Tennis

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by backstreetjoe, Oct 25, 2009.

1. exactly

she's going nowhere till she changes her ludicrous double hands on both sides. She might be able to get away with it if she was tall and athletic but she's short and quite unfit

which of these would it be easier to get a ball past

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

2. Bartoli obviously, but no stroke changes will affect that. Venus' genes are perfect for tennis.

3. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

The stroke change from double-handed forhand to single handed forhand would make it easier for bartoli to get to more balls though

4. Well the same could be said for Seles, but changing to a one handed forehand would more than likely hurt the accuracy and power which is important for Bartoli, who will never be a retriever.

5. MollieSwift21

The game was a bit different when Seles played though. It's all faster now giving less time to react.

6. Well Seles played until 2003, and the Williams sisters, Davenport, Dokic and Lucic were all at their peaks then. Nobody hits harder than they do.

7. MollieSwift21

Yes but if i remeber right Seles last grand slam win was in 1996 at Austrlian Open?

8. This is true. Pretty tragic.

9. You're also forgetting that Monoca Seles was AMAZING!!! My favourite tennis player of all time.

Comparing Bartoli to Seles is ridiculous. Monica didn't need to change her stroke as she was easily the best player in the world. Bartoli on the other hand isn't.

10. Just because Bartoli isn't as good as Seles (fucking duh) doesn't mean she should change the way she plays. It also adds a bit of variety to the game instead of everybody playing the same styles.

11. MollieSwift21

Ugh, I knew the tournement started on the 17th but didn't even think about time zone differences and missed Caroline, Maria, and Kanepi first match and few others I didn't care about too much. Good results though!

12. I love the Aussie Open. Just about the only two weeks of the year when I dont have to be coaxed out of bed on a morning, it's great to watch some live tennis before starting the day!

13. Pleasantly relieved Venus won her match so easily.

14. Wins for Anne Keothavong and Elena Baltacha too. I watched some of of the Youtube clips of the Rally for Relief and it was great fun watching Novak, Andy etc playing mixed with Ana and Caroline. They all seemed to have a great time and raised a tonne of money for Queensland.

15. MollieSwift21

I just really look at the men's draw and its horriable for me Novak, Roddick, Simon, Gasquet, and Wawrinka are the players I like and they are all in the bottom half with the top half having really nobody I like besides del potro.

16. The doubles is pretty interesting this year, i think. Only one of the current womens doubles Slam holders (King) is even playing (and she doesnt have a hope without Shvedova), which is a big opportunity for someone. I hope Llagostera and Martinez Sanchez can recover their 2009 form to make a good run. I'd like Paes and Bhupathi to win the mens, but thats a lot more open.

17. Just found out Petrova is on course to meet Ivanovic in the third round.

Ivanovic should win that. Petrova always meets the "formerly one of the best players in the world on the comeback trail" in early rounds and she always loses. Especially in the Austalian Open.

Bartoli is looking sharp though. Henin not so much.

18. MollieSwift21

Liezel Huber and Cara Black have grand slam wins together they are playing but not with each other.

Go Ana, she has such a nice personality, I really feel she going to make some good moves in this tournments and the French Open maybe winning one.

19. I wish Petrova would win. She is such a good player but she's just not strong enough mentally and she always lets it slip away. I hate seeing her leading matches 6-0 5-1 and then collapsing. She should have a grand slam by now.

20. Not last year, she beat Clijsters 60 61. Sadly though, I think Petrova is long past her best.

Yeah, I know but I meant current Slam holders. Last year only the Williams sisters and Shvedova/King won Slam titles. Dulko and Pennetta should step up really, they've been by far the best team of the past year, but havent excelled at the Slams yet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.