Tennis | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Tennis

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by backstreetjoe, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Clijsters had already won the US open though so was already "back on top" so to speak. I still love watching that match though.

2. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

Oh yes, i wasn't correcting you it was more of a watch out for those two!

3. Off topic but I really, really miss Nicole Vaidisova. She had so much bloody potential.

4. MollieSwift21

I liked her too, she could always come back she still young

5. Actually, wasn't she supposed to be preparing a comeback for this year? I'm sure someone told me that she'd be back by spring.

6. According to an interview her father gave she isn't interested in tennis anymore.

7. MollieSwift21

Her interest could always come back though, she had a rough last year when she played and giving it a break she might start to miss it and even if she doesn't come back for a few year she is only 21

8. *resists urge to say I told you so about Ivanovic*

Safina was embarrassingly bad. Also pissed off that Date Krumm choked from *4-1 up in the 3rd against Radwanska.

9. Strong first round from Petrova (and Cornet, surprisingly). With Ivanovic gone she should progress to the 4th round easily enough. I can't see her getting past Clijsters though.

10. So disappointed to see Ana lose. Thought she had a real chance here. Re Nicole, she married Radek Stepanek who surely is one of the most unattractive chaps to ever grace a court. He was engaged to Martina Hingis as well. Must have something going for him. Feel awful for Dinara. No-one wants to see a former top player being humbled like that and goodness knows how she finds her way back from here.

11. MollieSwift21

So sad about Ana losing. I only watcheed the first two sets but she was playing a good so her game is defently coming back. One thing I did notice is was whatever she did to workout in the off season was good, she is probobly in the best shape i've ever seen here.

Glad my other serb Jelena won though. Second favorite male player is Gilles Simon and he has federer so I'll see how that goes

12. Nalbandian vs Hewitt was the first proper match of this slam. Good shit.

13. i love to watch her play but i don't think she does herself any favours. If she insists on using a 2 handed forehand she could at least get incredibly fit so she can chase balls down she is not fit

14. MollieSwift21

Just saw Ana exited interview while waiting for Venus match, I knew she had a injury but who knew that she wasn't able to serve until two days before the open

Caroline had easy win so defently happy about that

15. http://www.daylife.com/photo/00732Kk4jT4GW

Holy shit! Since when was Verdasco so sexy? I love his pink shirt!
    I probably should've posted that in the BOYS thread, but oh well

In other news, I'm really disappointed Kuznetsova has to face Henin in Round 3, she is one of my favourites and I wish she could go further.

16. Whenever a British woman goes a set and a break up against a seed, you know they're about to suffer a crushing defeat.

17. Thank God Venus fought through. I expect nothing from her against Petkovic now, she is clearly badly injured. Such a shame.

18. MollieSwift21

19. Oh my God! The look on her face is priceless.

20. The only two male players I truly care about are both out: Ryan Harrison and Juan Martin Del Potro. Whatever. I'll root for Murray now I guess.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.