Terminator Salvation | The Popjustice Forum

Terminator Salvation

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by swinginglondontown, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Terminator 2 is one of my favourite films of all time and although i didn't actually mind T3, there was no way it was ever going to live up to the amazingness of number 2.

Still, i guess i'll probably still go and see Salvation, i imagine it'll be decent enough.

2. Wow. That trailer alone made me want to kick some serious ass! I do like me some gung-ho violent action every now and again - but I do confess I find myself surprised by how good it looks.

I await TF's review....

3. i COuld not watch any of those film's After the first, one, the end amde me cry, myFriend said he was just going to slep but itlooked like he dyed :(

4. Don't worry Dumper.

Come Judgment Day, you will rule all of our collective asses.

5. Wouldn't it be great (for us, I mean) if Skynet turned out to look like Dumper?

6. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

I'd love it.

And if all his robotty friends could look like Summer Glau, that would be quite nice as well.

7. And they should speak like Dumper writes.

I back been will!

8. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

I'm afraid this movie just looks like Christian Bale shouting the whole time while running away from a giant terminator while holding a machine gun.

9. I saw the movie this afternoon and the preview for this movie had me so pumped up. I went in with fairly low expectations seeing as it has gotten mixed reviews. It starts out well, with action right from the beginning and the visuals are really cool, but the movie quickly takes a tailspin downwards, and just gets worse and worse as it goes on. There is absolutely no plot and the acting is just plain bad. There are a lot of awkward scenes where they try to develop the characters but fail miserably. On the plus side there are some good action scenes and the sets/visuals are pretty cool, all in all, it's unfortunately not very good. I really really wanted to like it, but I just couldn't get myself to.

10. Not much plot, brilliant action, photography and special fx, much better than Star Trek.

11. Saw this last night, it was shit.

The cyborg bloke was fit fit fit though.

12. Saw this last night too - tedious, I couldn't wait for it to end so I could go home and watch something decent on dvd.

13. Yep - I wasn't impressed either.

I couldn't even manage a 3-minute rant on it.

14. I saw it on Sunday, and thought it was very good.

A much better sequel that the lackluster 3rd in the series. The special effects were very good although at times I think things could have looked a little better (the CGI used in Transformers looks much more advanced).

The acting from the entire cast was fine, although if I'm honest I wasn't paying that much attention to it.

If you're not a fan of the series, you will probably not like this, or have a clue what is going on. This was one gripe I had, the film didn't seem to be too accessible for newcomers to the franchise.

All in all, 7/10.

15. Horrendous. I do wish Christian Bale had tried to act a little, that might have improved matters.

I literally do not know how I managed to get through the parts without Anton Yelchin.

16. Completely disagree!

If anything, it would have been better had Christian Bale not overacted every scene he was in. He acted the shit out of himself, and it was highly unnecessary for the most part.

17. He's very shouty. And, I have to admit, incredibly wooden (and I loved the Batman films)

18. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

I'd rather have had any of the other John Connor actors in the role, but I enjoyed this a lot.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.