The 1975 - Being Funny In A Foreign Language (5th Album) | The Popjustice Forum

The 1975 - Being Funny In A Foreign Language (5th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by aux, Jun 1, 2022.

1. aux

aux

They’ve deleted all their posts on their Instagram and updated their website, socials and put up posters teasing a release on the 7th of July.

I am always cautiously excited by their releases, and after their last album, I’m intrigued to see how this turns out ":)".

Crisp X, happiestgirl, Mikal and 6 others like this.
  2. Also cautiously perched. I'd rather have a concise ten-track opus this time, tayhrt than an album being a playlist that never ends.

Jacques and aux like this.
  3. I really just want 12x "If You're Too Shy" from them, what are the chances of that happening

4. Their last album was half good, half garbage so please get it together. No more gay slurs, meandering instrumentals, and societal commentary!

5. I’d like another Brief Inquiry please!

j267, Diet Pop!, Heartthrob and 2 others like this.
  6. How very 2017 ddd.

Andrew and aux like this.
  7. Theory currently on Matty's insta especially is the title Being Funny In A Foreign Language.

Teased during MFC/Notes and never used. Matches the letters.

aux likes this.
  8. The new logo is giving airline. Cautiously interested in the music though!

aux likes this.
  9. That last album was painful

Verandi likes this.
  10. That last album had at least eight really great songs and several more good ones. People had made their minds up months in advance.

11. The last album was fine, it just had much clunkier lyrics than their previous bodies of work.

12. Their last album had at least 12 solid songs. I just wish they would cut the instrumentals, they've been putting them on every album though, so I doubt they will stop.

13. As it’s been said cut the crap and give us a nice 10-12 track album.

14. Their albums are always packed with gems, but unfortunately always padded with an endless amount of unnecessary bloat. I don't foresee that ever changing, but I'm excited to dig for the gold.

15. I'm excited! There were maybe 3 songs I actually liked on the last one so hopefully this is as strong as their first 3.

aux and lushLuck like this.
  16. They have so many brilliant songs in their catalogue. I hope this is a return to form for them as I only took If You're Too Shy and Bagsy Not In Net from their last album.

aux and lushLuck like this.
  17. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Underrated highlight from their last album

happiestgirl, Crisp X, aux and 3 others like this.
  18. A Change of Heart
    Heart Out
    Somebody Else
    If You're Too Shy (Let Me Know)
    The Birthday Party

A top 5.

19. I need x6 If You're Too Shy and x6 What Should I Say plz.

20. The instrumentals worked really well on I Like It When You Sleep, that has to be my favourite album by them.
    Where as the last 2 albums just felt like the best songs were released as singles, and then on the album they were buried amongst lots of plodding instrumentals that don’t really do much for me.
    I’d like them to return to a more simpler album structure like the first album.

lushLuck likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.