The 1975 - Being Funny In A Foreign Language | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

The 1975 - Being Funny In A Foreign Language

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by aux, Jun 1, 2022.

1. This encapsulates all the great parts of The Sound/She's American whilst still sounding like a natural progression, pure brilliance.

2. DJ Sabrina The Teenage DJ I guess inspired the new song/has some production credits(?) That's so cool! I never would have thought to put them together but it totally works with the new track.

3. I was just coming in here to say this! So happy for her.

ally mcbeal likes this.
  4. This was a shot of joy this morning that I really needed. It's nothing new for them but they do this sort of stuff so well.

2014, Conan and lushLuck like this.
  5. DJ Sabrina was the first thing to come to mind when hearing this new song, happy that this is actually reality?!

6. This feels so effortless and energetic. I would say it's a return to form but it's more loose, in a fun way.

inevitable, slaybellz and lushLuck like this.
  7. This has been on repeat for me. It does feel like a perfect combination of their signature style with a touch of Jack's flair.

lushLuck likes this.
  8. I really like this, it’s basically what I wanted from them, I’ll remain hopeful for the album.

lushLuck likes this.
  9. The "my my my" bit on Happiness is heavenly. Instantly dance worthy.

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  10. Big Pitchfork profile of Healy and the rest of the band. Some fun soundbites from fans of the band like Japanese Breakfast's Michelle Zauner (who did background vocals for Part of the Band) and Taylor Swift (she thinks the new album is "so funny!"). They also delve into the difficult early parts of the recording process when they were working with BJ Burton, who bowed out as a producer when he heard they'd also approached Jack Antonoff about producing.

11. A slay, honestly

[​IMG]

FINISH LINE, Edu, Diet Pop! and 5 others like this.
  13. I don't really hear the progression people are hearing ddd it sounds like classic The 1975, which is a good thing, though.

14. I actually think BJ Burton's productions would have been their formula elevated a bit more. Better than Jack ddd.

FINISH LINE, selectual and lushLuck like this.
  15. Part of me thinks BJ's production would have been cool with them, but another part of me thinks it could have gone even further into the self indulgent stuff that their last album had a bit too much of.

Verandi likes this.

16. This sounds like more of their usual style but I am absolutely bopping.

poshbabyyy, inevitable, aux and 7 others like this.
  17. aux

aux

They’re really grabbing me with this era, I won’t lie nn.

poshbabyyy, phily693, Crisp X and 5 others like this.
  18. I'm absolutely obsessed with this one.

aux likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.