The 1975 - Notes On A Consistent Delay (4th Album) | The Popjustice Forum

The 1975 - Notes On A Consistent Delay (4th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by aux, Apr 14, 2019.

1. aux

aux

The 1975's fourth album, Notes On A Conditional Form, is slated to come out this summer, before their Reading headlining show. This is the British alt-pop band's follow-up to A Brief Enquiry Into Online Relationships. They have described the sound of the new record as being a 'nighttime record' and being 'sort of emo', and have listed The Streets and Burial as inspirations for the record. The first single is slated to come out on the 1st of June.

2. I am so excited for this. The artwork's great, and the description sounds like they know exactly what they're doing. We don't deserve them.

2014, Andy French and aux like this.
  3. Mmmmm yes.

4. Their last album was incredible and turned me into a full-on stan. Consider me perched.

5. aux

aux

I'm really intrigued. They have really expanded their sonic palette in the past two albums, including elements of jazz and dance, which work so well for them. Here's hoping Notes On A Conditional Form continues this. They mentioned that they were going to play new songs from this album on tour, so hopefully we hear something new soon.

Iconick and Andy French like this.
  6. Ready for this. I’m expecting great things from their visuals

Andy French and aux like this.
  7. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

Their last album was easily one of the best albums of the year. I’m expecting this to be no different.

Iconick, aux and inevitable like this.
  8. I’m HYPED for this. They’re last two albums have been incredible, I’m sure this one will be too.

aux likes this.
  9. I'm incredibly hyped for this but nothing will ever beat the raw fresh excitement of seeing their first Glastonbury set in person. I don't think I've seen such a great first set

10. I'm ready but I also hope it won't be another killer singles+album fillers affair.

sonia and lushLuck like this.
  11. The last album still feels very new to me, but whatever, bring it on, I’m ready.

12. They incessantly annoy me but I think I’ll always be perched to hear what they come up with.

Andy French likes this.
  13. Their album last year was a bit of sleeper hit for me, took some time to creep up but whew boy when it did it did that.

FINISH LINE, Blond and inevitable like this.
  14. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

I...will give this a chance. Despite all the draggings I've given them since their last era, I do think they're more than capable of producing good music. It's just a question of if they can keep their pretentiousness turned down to a point where it doesn't completely bubble over and ruin everything.

sonia and notyourmate like this.
  15. If someone told me back in 2013 that they had A Brief Enquiry... in them, I'd laugh at such idea. Now I'm fully on board with the band, very intrigued about the new record!

16. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This is going to be incredible I can feel it

17. RJF

RJF

Their last album was an ambitious trainwreck, so we'll see what this yields.

18. Burial?!

[​IMG]

FINISH LINE likes this.
  19. My problem is that A Brief Inquiry... was way too scattershot, some incredible songs without much of a connection between them, unless this new one is consistent I'll remain a little bit bothered that they didn't just bundle them together to make a truly amazing album.

Jacques and aux like this.
  20. "Notes On A Conditional Form"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.