The 1975 - Notes On A Consistent Delay (4th Album) | Page 19 | The Popjustice Forum

The 1975 - Notes On A Consistent Delay (4th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by aux, Apr 14, 2019.

1. I really like this song, it's cute and has a nice sense of calm. The sax that comes in near the end is beaut. Probably the best so far.

2. This is cute, but his vocals are a bit of snooze

3. If You Are Too Shy (Let Me Know) is a TUNE! Can't wait for the studio version!

4. This sounds phenomenal. I'm perched.

I really love The Birthday Party too.

poshbabyyy likes this.
  5. The Birthday Party is dreadful.

sinner and lushLuck like this.
  6. It played on my NMF and I thought it was a country track by some Youtuber.
    Dddd why do I always drag them.

7. its_what_she_deserves.gif

8. This album needs to be put in the bin already so we can all move on.

Island, Diet Pop!, Vasilios and 2 others like this.
  9. If the album stuck to it’s original release date, it would have been out today. Meaning we would have had the studio version of If You’re Too Shy by now. Sigh.

D.Jay and poshbabyyy like this.
  10. I love all the singles, they are so eclectic and I love it.

poshbabyyy likes this.
  11. This is all such a mixed bag, and none of it feels necessary.

12. Welp, the London gig was fantastic.

I've had my issues with them stretching themselves a biT too thin over the past year but it was just a solid, fun, joyfully diverse sounding bunch of bops with amazing live production.

I think if they just got their head down, stopped fucking touring and locked themselves away for a year or so they'd be making a genuinely excellent pop record and fully deserve to be headlining Glastonbury or wherever next era.

13. Matty and George want to make solo albums next, so... hopefully it'll freshen things up for the band.

14. Fans on Twitter at the Liverpool show tonight are saying that Matty said the album has been delayed a few more weeks again.

Island likes this.
  15. [​IMG]

16. aux

aux

superultra and lushLuck like this.
  17. Lemme pretend to be shocked.

aux, lushLuck and slaybellz like this.
  18. I hope Matty has learned a very valuable lesson from all this. If not, maybe when the album is critically panned...

lushLuck likes this.
  19. [​IMG]

20. nn yeah I was gonna post after the gig but forgot, he said it’ll be delayed by a couple of weeks, though was still vague about it so it could be longer.

The show was almost a replica of their last one, was fun but felt a little lacklustre.

Jacques, lushLuck and aux like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.