The 1975 - Notes On A Consistent Delay (4th Album) | Page 34 | The Popjustice Forum

The 1975 - Notes On A Consistent Delay (4th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by aux, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Anyone not using Nothing Revealed / Everything Denied... is missing out. Such a moment.

This is definitely their strongest output since the second record and most of it works really well.

Enrique Garcia likes this.
  2. Here's mine as it stands:

Give Yourself a Try
    TOOTIMETOOTIMETOOTIME
    Love It If We Made It
    It's Not Living (If It's Not With You)
    I Always Wanna Die (Sometimes)
    Then Because She Goes
    Me & You Together Song
    If You're Too Shy (Let Me Know)
    Having No Head
    What Should I Say
    Guy

3. I'm firmly in the camp of 'here for an album of 80s rethreads'. The new album's alright, but as is the case with the rest of their albums I can't properly digest it.

4. Just listened to the album as I wanted to hear it first on vinyl and I was waiting for it to arrive. I tried to go in with a clear mind set after seeing negative reviews and posts, and to be fair I did enjoy the album. Not my favourite by them by any means, but the songs I enjoyed I really enjoyed. There’s no need for the album to be as long as it is, and the contrast from one genre to another so suddenly in parts could be quite jarring. I find that it makes it harder to appreciate the music as a whole album, I kind of see it as though there are different sections of music throughout. The tracks I enjoy I would say are the more dance/garage influenced ones, and I’d love to see them explore that more in the future. Weirdly, I wasn’t a fan of The Birthday Party when it was prereleased but the transition from Streaming made me appreciate it more. From my first listen, I’d say my favourite song is Tonight (I Wish I Was Your Boy).

poshbabyyy, Enrique Garcia and aux like this.
  5. aux

aux

6. I would say I also appreciate The Birthday Party more after the transition from Streaming. I think I liked this album better than A Brief Inquiry, but we will see if that changes

poshbabyyy, Primrose and aux like this.
  7. This isn't totally hitting me like their previous works but it's still solid. It's just much more a vibey album, and best listened to from start to finish.

My favorite is still I Like It When You Sleep, which I thought was a pretty solid eclectic mix.

8. Welp, they're not taking a break regardless of what Matty said.

shockedpikachu.png

BrokenHearts likes this.
  11. [​IMG]

Aidan likes this.
  12. If their concerts and festival appearances scheduled over the summer aren't happening - which I assume they aren't - why wouldn't they be working on new stuff? What else is there to do?

clean your wig fridge likes this.
  13. I was simply poking fun at their constant backtracking.

lushLuck likes this.
  14. I love a prolific artist, but the way Matty goes about it is genuinely exhausting.

Diet Pop!, Island, Crisp X and 8 others like this.
  15. Compiled my personal highlights of both 'A Brief Enquiry' and 'Notes' into one album, as I found listening to only 'Notes' was quite a bloating experience as great as it is!

The 1975 (A Brief Enquiry Into Online Relationships)
    Give Yourself A Try
    TOOTIMETOOTIMETOOTIME
    The End (Music For Cars)
    Love It If We Made It
    You & Me Together Song
    Nothing Revealed/ Everything Denied
    How To Draw/ Petrichor
    Sincerity Is Scary
    Be My Mistake
    If You're Too Shy (Let Me Know)
    I Think There's Something You Should Know
    I Like America & America Likes Me
    Jesus Christ 2005 God Bless America
    It's Not Living (If It's Not With You)
    Tonight (I Wish I Was Your Boy)
    Inside Your Mind
    Having No Head
    Wnat Should I Say
    Mine
    Bagsy Not In Net
    Guys
    I Always Wanna Die (Sometimes)
    Don't Worry

x

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2020
  16. LGBTQ+ history and sensitivity seminars?

17. You also need to go the fuck away, so that people have a chance to miss you. By having less of something, you appreciate it more.

18. What Should I Say hit me today. So danceable and dreamy. The more electronic current present in this record (and especially the use of vocoder/vocal pitching and splicing on some tracks) works really well. I'd love them to explore this more aggressively.

I think this is actually their best album. Even the second had a lot of filler but this is just... really solid. It was actually worth the wait.

PopHouseMusic and Primrose like this.
    Mikal likes this.
  20. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I am actually a bit fed up with his face to be honest fjlskslskj

soratami, OspreyQueen, 4Roses and 5 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.