The 1975 - Notes On A Consistent Delay

He/They
They seem to have lost something that had them getting up to be a great band.
They got that second album spot on, something appears to have been lost in translation a little with the third, and it's continuing now.

Last edited:
The songs from this era have all grown on me but it really just is The 1975 on auto pilot at this point. And the new songs don't sound much different.

They were all over the place musically with A Brief Inquiry... but I ended up liking a majority of it, so far everything here has been totally meh.

Wake me up when we get another track like this. Notes on a Conditional Form can't relate so far.

Went to see them last night and they were great! The new unreleased album tracks are certified bops, especially If You’re Too Shy. I need to hear a studio version ASAP. They really filled out their two hour set - Matty didn’t speak for a long length of time, I’m used to him usually preaching about something mid-set but it didn’t happen this time. Looking forward to the new album more now that I have heard these new songs.

'A Brief Inquiry...' was so disjointed but if you take standalone tracks from it there were standouts, it was just hard to wade through the triteness of it as a unit.

So far, I'm only liking 'Frail State of Mind' (which I think is the type of soundscape The 1975 explore the best) and the rest of the tracks we've heard are the band on auto-pilot in the worst way. It's like they took the single elements of TOOTIME, It's Not Living and The Sound, watered them down, added a bit of condescension and released...whatever this is.

Went to see them last night and they were great! The new unreleased album tracks are certified bops, especially If You’re Too Shy. I need to hear a studio version ASAP. They really filled out their two hour set - Matty didn’t speak for a long length of time, I’m used to him usually preaching about something mid-set but it didn’t happen this time. Looking forward to the new album more now that I have heard these new songs.

I saw a recording of this new song. It sounds amazing!

I went to on my own to see them at Leeds Arena last night and I had a great time! There's a lot about The 1975 I like, I just find their output a little patchy, but when I saw them live it really brought home what a great band they are. They have such a diversity in sound and there were some wonderful little touches in the stage design. It was a lovely visual feast.

People is a right racket though. I was terrified when they opened with it. Keep it. Please.

I went to on my own to see them at Leeds Arena last night and I had a great time! There's a lot about The 1975 I like, I just find their output a little patchy, but when I saw them live it really brought home what a great band they are. They have such a diversity in sound and there were some wonderful little touches in the stage design. It was a lovely visual feast.

People is a right racket though. I was terrified when they opened with it. Keep it. Please.
Glad you had a great time! I literally tweeted this yesterday about People. I was glad it was the opener and then it was other and done with.