The 1998 R&B Albums Rate (Whitney Houston, Lauryn Hill, Brandy and Monica): WINNER REVEALED! | Page 33 | The Popjustice Forum

The 1998 R&B Albums Rate (Whitney Houston, Lauryn Hill, Brandy and Monica): WINNER REVEALED!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by londonrain, Mar 11, 2018.

?

Which of these artists' followups do you like the most?

1. Brandy - Full Moon

2. Monica - After The Storm

3. Lauryn Hill - MTV Unplugged No. 2.0

4. Whitney Houston - Just Whitney...

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Terrible first 10 to lose! Shoulda stayed for Faith's vocals alone!

2. Ray

Ray

Byeeeee

vague, londonrain and Mina like this.
  3. Oh dear.

4. We will be like two angry cats against each other Bub the end of this rate it seems! Lol

londonrain and Mina like this.
  5. Lately I is beautiful.

GimmeWork, vague, Filippa and 2 others like this.
  6. I considered leaving it out of the extras list to cut down the number of songs but I liked it too much to drop it.

Had you heard it before this rate?

vague, berserkboi and Euphoria like this.
  7. Yep. I fell head over heels for Love Like This when I saw the video on TV when it was released in '98, asked my parents for the Keep The Faith album, was gifted it for Easter at 8 years old, & played the album non-stop for a year or two!

(I also had Never Say Never, The Boy Is Mine, One Wish, My Love Is Your Love, & The Miseducation gifted to me throughout that time period. Hahaha.)

There are a lot of long, emotional songs on that album, but they really seeped in & moved me. Sunny Days, No Way, & Life Will Pass You By were other favorites. Lately I always felt like a really bittersweet, almost numb end to the album after all the soul-searching she does throughout. I've always been drawn to its simplicity & honesty.

ohnostalgia, Oleander, Ray and 6 others like this.
  8. Thank you for sharing. Wow, you really had excellent gifts!

I only discovered Keep The Faith recently (after I got Spotify) and I enjoyed the singles from it but haven't had a chance to really pay attention to the whole album (I've listened to it but not enough to name specific album tracks). Clearly I need to pick it up again.

I thought Lately I would click better than it did with the voters, but I'm glad it at least got a couple of 10s!

9. I just noticed the thread title.

[​IMG]

ohnostalgia, vague, Oleander and 4 others like this.
  10. Lately I been thinkin' about your lame taste.... jk.. I'm not upset or anything but Lately I did deserve to stick around a bit longer than this.

londonrain likes this.
  11. If you think this is bad... well, the next song out has three 10s and is our first to have an average over 6! It appears that's only enough to get it to #75 in this rate.

ohnostalgia, vague, Oleander and 6 others like this.
  12. @londonrain I’m upset you didn’t do a spotlight on the true game changing R&B album of 1998.

D10319D8-2269-489B-8B59-DE8C8DC34D39.jpeg

13. What kind of "the Spice Girls' debut is a great R&B album* nonsense is this?

[​IMG]

ohnostalgia, vague, Ray and 3 others like this.
  14. Ddd R&B My ass. The Billie album was more R&B than that.

ohnostalgia, londonrain and Mina like this.
  15. Tell that to the Spice Girls stans on the forum.

16. Any guesses for the next song out?

Clue: two of the three people who gave it a 10 have already lost a 10. I was quite surprised to see this one ranked so low!

17. One of my zeroes please.

Ray and londonrain like this.
  18. One of the remaining bad covers hopefully.

londonrain likes this.
  19. If “sounds like an animal in pain singing the most generic lyrics ever” still merited a 1, what on earth did you think of your 0s?!

20. [​IMG]

ohnostalgia, vague, Angeleyes and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.