The 3rd Annual Popjustice 20 ₩on Music Prize | Page 34 | The Popjustice Forum

The 3rd Annual Popjustice 20 ₩on Music Prize

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by 3Xs, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Re: The 3rd Annual Popjustice 20 ₩on Music Prize (FINAL RANKING + STATS)

"Volume Up" ends up in the most frustrating position of all... Why.

That was fun!

Also, a bit random but I was looking yesterday at the earlier 20 ₩on Music Prizes and I was shocked and quite disturbed to see that "Figaro" only made it to something like #37 in 2011. But I can let it slide seeing as they're Highest Ranking Artist 2012!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  2. 3Xs

3Xs

Re: The 3rd Annual Popjustice 20 ₩on Music Prize (FINAL RANKING + STATS)

^Haha, yeah a lot of the older results can be quite a surprise! miss A actually outranked SISTAR in the 2010 prize, and now, well... look how much that's turned around!

Nine Muses are one of those acts along with INFINITE and SISTAR that have really risen since they debuted.

3. 3Xs

3Xs

I_CANNOT_USE_REAL_WORDS_PROPERLY_ that's partially my fault for pushing it to 75. Hopefully it's not too much trouble for everyone. It's as long as most half-hour shows! haha

4. Menboong

Menboong Guest

I just got done with the video. It was amazing. Once again, it's incredible how much good stuff came out last year. Also, how many songs participated in this, there's stuff where I remember thinking they got really, really far and they barely made the top 100.

5. Pen Expers

Pen Expers Moderator

That's one epic old video. Discovered some new faves from this round. And poor K-Boys.

6. 3Xs

3Xs

Haha I know what you mean. Though with this many songs even making the top 100 is pretty impressive.

7. Re: The 3rd Annual Popjustice 20 ₩on Music Prize (THE WINNER)

Haha, luckily none flopped as badly as I thought! Awesome job with the countdown vid, big bang! I'm especially glad that LOVE X STEREO made it so far, I was sure that they were gonna go out early.

I wanted to make a personal top 10 to compare but there's literally like at least 30 equally brilliant songs fighting for those spots. 2012 really was an incredible year!

8. Re: The 3rd Annual Popjustice 20 ₩on Music Prize (FINAL RANKING + STATS)

Amazing work 3XS!
    Will you post the complete motivations too?

Things that bring me a bit extra joy in the top 75 are LOVE X STEREO, so much Nell and double-dose of Fiestar! Can't wait to see the countdown video.

9. 3Xs

3Xs

If you mean the final votes yes they are coming!

10. 3Xs

3Xs

[​IMG]

Alright! Here as promised are the final votes uncut and unfiltered as delivered to me, presented in the order in which I received them. Let the record show this is how Popjustice voted!

And now I can finally clear my inbox!

11. 3Xs

3Xs

So I know vikeyeol mentioned it before but I'm curious how did the Won Prize end up comparing to everyone's own personal top 10's / 20's / etc.? Any discoveries that maybe changed your ranking a bit?

12. 3Xs

3Xs

fsdfsfsfsfsdfa well thanks guys. Great conversation.

Anyway I have one more little surprise I've been working on that will be paid dust as well but I had a fun time doing it so that'll be up either later today or tomorrow. Probably tomorrow actually.

13. Menboong

Menboong Guest

Anyway...

I don't think I ever really ranked the songs for 2012, but since I Love You isn't placed #1-10, I can already say this ranking differs greatly from what would be my own.

My favourite artists or songs I never heard or took notice of before the 20Won prize include:

Park Ji Yoon - Tree of Life
    Andamiro - Hypnotize
    BTOB - WOW
    Nell - Blue
    Nell - The Day Before
    CHI-CHI - Love is Energy
    SIAENA - Winter Is Coming

I only looked up stuff till #100, because after that I started crying when I saw how many amazing tracks didn't even make the top 100...

What really struck me is how it wasn't just the usual supects who delivered really good music, even most of the nugus managed to produce some really worthwile songs.

14. Re: The 3rd Annual Popjustice 20 ₩on Music Prize (FINAL RANKING + STATS)

My Top 10 included songs that were really overlooked here, like Love Tension, Dirty, and Is The White Horse Coming?. My favorite K-Pop songs of 2012 differed greatly from the results here!

15. Re: The 3rd Annual Popjustice 20 ₩on Music Prize (FINAL RANKING + STATS)

I was pretty disappointed with Sherlock's ranking, to me it's one of the best boyband pop songs ever. I wasn't expecting BAD BOY to win but now I'm just happy it even managed #5. And I'm very happy that The Chaser was recognised for the pop perfection that it is.

My top 5 discoveries that I hadn't really bothered with before:

Nell - Blue
    Park Ji Yoon - Tree of Life
    GLAM - Party (XXO)
    LOVE X STEREO - Soul City (Seoul City)
    Tahiti - Tonight

16. 3Xs

3Xs

I Love You is #2 though?

edit: just realized you might have meant

1: I Love You
    2: I Love You
    3: I Love You
    4: I Love You
    5: I Love You
    6: I Love You
    7: I Love You
    8: I Love You
    9: I Love You
    10: I Love You

hahaha

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  17. Menboong

Menboong Guest

^Yeah, that's what I meant!

18. 3Xs

3Xs

[​IMG]

Time for that last little (though really quite large) surprise I hinted at. I've taken the top 100 songs from this year's prize and put them together into one EPIC 6 hour K-Pop mixtape. The songs are not in order of how they placed, rather I've attempted to create a cohesive playlist that takes you on a journey through the various peaks and valleys of 100 Quite Good Pop Songs As Voted By You.

Enjoy! (Or don't!)

20 Won In The Mix 2012: Six Hours Of Slayage

(Some tracks are mislabeled because technically you're only supposed to have 2 tracks by the same artist on the same playlist but shhhh)

19. 3Xs

3Xs

(Also also I wanted to do a Spotify playlist but BYE @ them not having like 60% of the songs on our list)

20. Re: The 3rd Annual Popjustice 20 ₩on Music Prize (FINAL RANKING + STATS)

Yeah, Tree of Life and The Day Before were my favourite discoveries too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.