The 90's Billboard #1s Rate: 1990-1994 - AND WE ARE DONE | Page 186 | The Popjustice Forum

The 90's Billboard #1s Rate: 1990-1994 - AND WE ARE DONE

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Ironheade, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Uh, yeah, in this first half, @Ironheade included songs that were only number one on the airplay chart, especially since significant airplay-only hits like "Don't Speak" and "Iris" weren't even allowed to chart (in the case of the latter, didn't peak properly) due to rules of the Hot 100 at the time.

Eric Generic and Ironheade like this.
  2. I wish Alanis had dominated the #1's the way Mariah did the first half.

3. I wish Spice Girls had dominated US Charts the way they did in the UK!

Conan, Ray and iheartpoptarts like this.
  4. They did extremely well on the U.S. charts. "Wannabe," "Say You'll Be There," "2 Become 1," "Spice Up Your Life," "Too Much," "Stop," and "Goodbye" were all top twenty hits. That's pretty impressive.

iheartpoptarts and saviodxl like this.
  5. I WANTED MORE! At least another #1 would've been great! Plus, they didn't release Who Do You Think You Are and Viva Forever in the US! SHAME!

6. If they had released "Who Do You Think You Are" in the U.S., it would've been released at the exact same time as they released "Spice Up Your Life" everywhere else.

7. Ray

Ray

Thanks so much! I can't wait to give my 11 to 'Macarena' and 0 to 'Santana' and 'R. Kelly'.

berserkboi and WowWowWowWow like this.
  8. The second half also brings back such fond memories of the "49 cent cassingle sale that was most definitely just a coincidence and not at all intended to boost a song's chart position cough cough cough" days.

Eric Generic, londonrain and Ray like this.
  9. I'll forgive you only 'cause it's Smooth and not The Game Of Love

10. Ray

Ray

Oh, and can we give one -1 so I can sprinkle it all over 'tell me have you ever really, really really really reeeeeally really'?

11. [​IMG]

12. Ray

Ray

'Macarena' is one of maybe three novelty songs that never aged for me.

'Mambo No. 5' is not one of them.

13. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Macerena is lit, but it's no

14. You're my hero.

15. Anyone even THINKS about down-marking Smooth the way they did all the male-led songs in this half and the smack is getting laid down, believe me.

I think I've got a fair idea what's getting the wooden spoon but we'll see come the time. If I'm right, no complaints from me.

As for this rate - Opposites Attract should have gone AGES ago. With a few notable exceptions, Paula's stuff has aged terribly.

Lost In Japan. likes this.
  16. I like Santana, but Supernatural is not one of my favorite albums, simply put.

17. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

The jump in quality in part 2 is unreal. I’m actually excited to listen to most of that list.

18. I think I probably bought this but now never want to hear it again.

19. Not as good as The Moffatts.

londonrain likes this.
  20. Ray

Ray

I didn't down-mark anything for being male-led, and I am not going to do so with 'Smooth' either. It's like Meat Loaf's opus. Very popular. Very, very, very popular. Very, very, very painful.

Eric Generic likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.