The 90's Billboard #1's Rate (1995-1999): We've come to the end of our road. | Page 126 | The Popjustice Forum

The 90's Billboard #1's Rate (1995-1999): We've come to the end of our road.

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Ironheade, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Can you run a Diana Ross discography rate next? @Baby Clyde would be part of the active audience for it!

2. Not a good idea because I would hack the results so that it went

1)
    'diana' album

2)

3)
    'Eaten Alive' album

there is no 4)

3. Imagine the greatest of a VS Singles Rate between Diana Ross and Donna Summer!

4. [​IMG]

5. Diana Ross is, I think, the celebrity I most worry about reading the news and hearing she's died. What an icon.

Rewatching the Mo Money video now, look at all the optimism. Clintonia, Tiger Woods, Hip-hop being absolutely huge. It looks like such a fun, optimistic time to be alive - and a completely unrecognisable reality to ours.

WowWowWowWow and berserkboi like this.
  6. @Baby Clyde would rather partake in a Jentina rate than a Diana Ross one.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  7. I'm in.

8. Bad ass strippa in the Escalade, jump out the truck I'm in St Trop-ayyyyy...

Mo Money...almost got a 10 from me, but I deducted half a point for Puff Daddy's terrible rapping.

9. Nooo, Donna needs her own individual rate!

I still can't handle that song not being on Spotify :(

GimmeWork and berserkboi like this.
  10. Someone tweeted a couple of months back that the album was on Tidal, but I couldn't find it. Shame, there are some proper bangers on there.

Deleted member 29256 likes this.
  11. Random trivia: the guy who plays the trombone solo in I'm Coming Out is the same who did this.

Ironheade likes this.
  12. Ray

Ray

I gave this 7.5??????? Are you sure it wasn't 0.000075?

Well, it is a very good track. Except the bits that are not good at all.

13. Seems like the perfect description for a 7.5 score.

Can Donna Lewis please go next, I'm bored now.

14. 2014

2014 Staff Member

this thread needs mo members with mo taste

15. Don't you just love it when you get well into the writeup for the next elimination... and then you realize you've been reading the order completely wrong and have to start over on the writeup for what's actually leaving next?

Yep, that's delayed the next reveal till tomorrow. Host incompetence is always fun, isn't it?

16. This is a very annoying comment. I mean, it's fine to not like this song, but there's no way it's just "noise." There's songcraft throughout.

These kind of comments just read like irrational prejudice against rap music .

HappyBirthday and berserkboi like this.
  17. I was halfway down a nice bottle of red wine while doing this rate - plus I did it all in one night, I was running out of time and therefore my comments were short and snippy.

I have no prejudice about any music, I like what I like, simple as that.

Don't take it to heart, it's a bit of fun. To find it annoying is a bit daft.
    Wouldn't do for us to all like the same would it?

Old Untouchable Ace likes this.
  18. Ray

Ray

I wouldn't know anything about that.

It doesn't ring a bell at all.

Never happened to me.

Not even once.

Or eleven times.

No, sir, can't relate.

19. Ray

Ray

I would like to inform everybody that you've done 'How Do U Want It' wrong, and that includes me for not giving it a 10. Maybe it's the new speakers in our living room but it BAAAWPS.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.