The 90's Billboard #1's Rate (1995-1999): We've come to the end of our road. | Page 46 | The Popjustice Forum

The 90's Billboard #1's Rate (1995-1999): We've come to the end of our road.

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Ironheade, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Y'all can thank me when Puff Daddy outlasts whatever faves of yours get the chop. (Mostly Mo Money Mo Problems…)

soratami and KingBruno like this.
  2. I really don't think any of the hip hop should be going yet either.

Blond, ohnostalgia and Mike like this.
  3. Lullabye isn't really that bad though, it's pleasant for what it is. I gave it a 6.

Funny the last two eliminations were in chronological order (Lullabye hit #1 right after I'm Your Angel).

berserkboi and londonrain like this.
  4. All Star will surely be with us longer than Slide, Fly and Semi Charmed Life at the very least.

5. Mo Money Mo Problems and I’ll Be Missing You are legit rap classics, though, so I’m fine with that.

6. My average for those four is 0.5 ddd

7. I see somebody got his Ph.D (Player Hater's Degree)!!!!!

8. Same. It's like I'm a fan of his or anything (I didn't even know some of the songs before) but he was definitely delivering the bops in the late 90s.

Mirwais Ahmadzaï likes this.
  9. Puff Daddy is just not that fun as a rapper. Team Coolio.

K94, Ray, əʊæ and 6 others like this.
  10. I’m already frightened of the eviscerating post @Ironheade is planning for Fly’s elimination...

11. “Gangsta’s Paradise” is one of the most OVERRATED songs of all-time.

2014 and WowWowWowWow like this.
  12. Well my point is that those people weren’t with them every day throughout their teenage years... Anyways I think as time has gone more Celine fans feel suspect of the whole thing. I know there were detractors then but Celine’s wedding was broadcast live in Quebec so they weren’t the majority.

On a different note All Star is a 10. What the fuck are people posting? Did you never get your life to Shrek in a theatre when you were 12????

Also a significant portion of the male r&b/hip-hip here is superior to like a good quarter of the other genres, so people need to stop.

13. Coolio’s best contribution to pop culture remains Theme from Kenan and Kel

14. Wrong.

K94, əʊæ, berserkboi and 3 others like this.
  15. Interesting considering I would say "California Love" or "Hypnotize" from this rate are always rated higher by GP and yet none of the three are really 'overrated'.

16. Technically '1234' is my fave but this is still the best post ever.

(cc: @DJHazey)

A$AP Robbie and DJHazey like this.
  17. It has been irreversibly tainted by a dark-sided demon named Weird Al Yankovich.

18. Yeah, but people like the Stevie Wonder song so that'll drag up its score.

iheartpoptarts likes this.
  19. Not for me, as I've never heard his version.

I saw the Weird Al version of Beat It on TV when I was probably 8 years old. I didn't find him funny then, and nearly 30 years later I still don't.

20. 2014

2014 Moderator

This had better be an underdog for the win. A song.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.