The 90's Billboard #1's Rate (1995-1999): We've come to the end of our road. | Page 94 | The Popjustice Forum

The 90's Billboard #1's Rate (1995-1999): We've come to the end of our road.

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Ironheade, Mar 3, 2018.

1. ... Haven't we been losing more R&B than anything else though (other than Rap/Hip Hop)?

londonrain likes this.
  2. I would say we've been losing more pop-rock than anything because PJ is allergic to guitars.

əʊæ and Untouchable Ace like this.
  3. I hope it's another peppy rock song tbh.

əʊæ and Untouchable Ace like this.
  4. Take A Bow is the only song I strongly dislike that's left, but also am I right in thinking Tubthumping is still in? How the hell did that happen?

5. Ray

Ray

Not just me!

Are Diddy-Diddys still in? Please remove xx

əʊæ likes this.
  6. Let's just kick out boring songs. I don't care what genre they are!

A$AP Robbie and Empty Shoebox like this.
  7. I'm sorry but Tubthumping deserves Top 10 in this rate, unfortunately you heathens will kick out pretty soon won't you?

unnameable, Ironheade and Ray like this.
  8. Ray

Ray

Yes.

9. When the list first went up for the rate, Tubthumping immediately struck me as likely the most divisive song on there. It's done well to get this far, but I suspect that the people who hate it really hate it and that will be its downfall.

londonrain and iheartpoptarts like this.
  10. There are some female vocals in it.

Ray, Blond and londonrain like this.
    Ray and DJHazey like this.
  12. Dddd, okay then don't get upset when it's Low Scorer: @DJHazey for a lot of the R&B yet to be eliminated.

13. I thought you said you gave them all 7s? You won't be!

DJHazey likes this.
  14. Haha, no I gave a couple 7s but yeah not even close to all of them.

iheartpoptarts likes this.
  15. Where do you stand on 'Bills, Bills, Bills'? Definitely one of the lesser Destiny's Child singles but I feel like it'll go a bit far just because it's them.

DJHazey likes this.
  16. Dddd, that's one of the 7s.

iheartpoptarts likes this.
  17. Semi Charmed Life and Sunny Came Home were lowkey some of the best songs in this rate.

[​IMG]

18. Big songs I could see going at this stage, whether I'd like it or not:

Take a Bow
    Kiss From a Rose
    Gangsta's Paradise
    California Love
    Un-Break My Heart
    Mmm Bop
    I'll Be Missing You
    Mo Money Mo Problems
    Tubthumping
    Truly Madly Deeply
    My Heart Will Go On

19. Going bold here: I don't think there's any chance Un-Break My Heart goes this early, in fact I think it's probably in a race with Don't Speak for the last ballad standing.

You're probably not far off with the rest, although there's plenty on the list I'd be happy not to lose.

Ironheade, londonrain and DJHazey like this.
  20. Tubthumping just seems really "laddy" to me, and I don't know how many people on this forum have ever been accused of being a "lad".

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.