The 90's US One-Hit Wonders Rate! #12 - Y'all ready for this? | Page 54 | The Popjustice Forum

The 90's US One-Hit Wonders Rate! #12 - Y'all ready for this?

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Ironheade, Nov 12, 2018.

1. @əʊæ, I don't think that I have ever agreed with you as much until this moment.

berserkboi, WowWowWowWow and əʊæ like this.
  2. OOPS.

(We can't agree on everything etc. etc.)

DJHazey likes this.
  3. Seeing Sugar Ray mentioned in the commentary in the last elimination made me wonder why they weren't in this rate, but it turns out they actually did have more than one hit. Wouldn't have guessed.

4. They have multiple amazing songs though! Sugar Ray are 90s summer, aside from the Eurobops of course.

5. I just realised I was thinking of Crazy Town (I often get the two mixed up for some reason), who truly were a one hit wonder, although in 2000.

6. On that note, I hope we get a 00s US One-Hit Wonders rate next

[​IMG]

7. Thought about it, but nah, if it does happen I won't be running it. I looked at some lists of potential entries, and... oof.

Still, I'd happily participate if someone else ran it!

8. I'm genuinelly curious who would come last, between Eamon, Afroman and Daniel Powter.

9. Maybe one hit, but The Gift of Game is FULL of bops.

berserkboi likes this.
  10. I have always despised How Bizarre and I can't even explain why. I just find it so incredibly annoying. Good riddance.

əʊæ likes this.
  11. They'd all be resoundingly beaten out by Hurricane Chris. Oh, you don't remember his smash #7 hit "A Bay Bay"? Good.

Although, come to think of it, "Laffy Taffy" is still fucking awful all around...

DominoDancing and WowWowWowWow like this.
  12. And I’m assuming Frankee will emerge as the glorious winner.

13. But honestly, I stan this one.

MixmasterRemix and WowWowWowWow like this.
  14. I had never heard of A Bay Bay, and it is pretty awful. Laffy Taffy is honestly kind of a bop though.

Speaking of ringtone rap one hit wonders, maybe Kylie Minogue collaborator MIMS made some points

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  15. Well they’d all get nil from me. Unless I’m allowed minus scores...

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  16. OK but I just looked up a list of 00s One Hit Wonders and was reminded of a bunch of jams for my summer playlists.

iheartpoptarts and berserkboi like this.
  17. Afroman - "Because I got high" is a 10, possibly worthy of my 11.
    "Dirty rap songs" - does it qualify as a second hit or not?

CorgiCorgiCorgi likes this.
  18. I would suggest UK one hit wonders for the 2000s, but that would involve X-Factor, charity records and UK Eurovision entrants, so maybe not.

19. FTW

berserkboi likes this.
  20. Urgh at having to listen to any of that X factor-a-like garbage!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.