The After School Discography Rate • #14 | Page 7 | The Popjustice Forum

The After School Discography Rate • #14

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by vague, Sep 7, 2021.

1. OMG! I cannot believe how ICONIC you have made me @vague @Love Deluxe ! <3

Queen Of Gay Rights Choreography! Ddd

2. This is the cutest thing I’ve seen in my life

[​IMG]

Love Deluxe, M24, singabob and 20 others like this.
  3. Also the Kitler expulsion from @junglefish's photo.

[​IMG]

4. My bias being my avatar?!?!
    @vague you’ve outdone yourself girl
    Thank You!
    [​IMG]

5. This is ADORABLE. I didn’t even notice Sowon wasn’t part of the pic until @BEST FICTION mentioned it and I ggffhhhh. You and @Love Deluxe’s attention to detail… Whew.

Excited for the reveals to start!

6. This cuteness overload! I can’t express how happy that makes me to have BoA as my avatar instead of Sera.

I have the honor of naming you, @vague @Love Deluxe, the best rate hosts.

[​IMG]

7. Let me join the chorus in praising that wonderful voter graphic, I made the stupidest happy noise when I saw Yura as my avatar or w/e TTTT I'm so ready for the visual feast this rate is about to serve us all ...

8. Florence unnie and ABBA-sunbaenim <3

Cotton Park, Wills, RUNAWAY and 12 others like this.
  9. This rate is already all types of iconic.

Macsun, Love Deluxe, M24 and 6 others like this.
  10. Love this so much! What a great touch to a rate. Eagerly anticipating the start. My lowest scores in this rate were two 4s. So either of those to go please!

My averages:
    Virgin 7.6
    Playgirlz 8.67
    Flashback 8.25
    First Love 8.17
    Dress to Kill 8.5
    Overall: 7.85
    Lowest score: 4 (x2)
    Number of 10s: 13 (14 if you count my 11)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    evilsin, Love Deluxe, M24 and 3 others like this.
  11. This rate is gonna be one for the historic books, I just know it.

evilsin, Love Deluxe, M24 and 8 others like this.
  12. You guys still remember Chaeyeon is my bias...

[​IMG]

I'm so touched!!

13. hello! sorry to keep you waiting but, as you know, sometimes patience is virtue . . .

it's time to eliminate our first song . . .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8 hot girl

Grade: 6.548
    Honor roll: 10×1 (@Remorque), 8.75×2 (@RUNAWAY, @eatyourself), 8×6 (@roblognick, @Slice of Life, @berserkboi, @Conan, @Macsun, @Cotton Park)
    Drop-outs: 2×1 (@BEST FICTION), 3×1 (@SloMover), 4×1 (@chrisjche)
    @Love Deluxe's score: 7
    @vague's score: 7

5 ballots: #66, 7.350 avg.
    10 ballots: #67, 6.925 avg.
    15 ballots: #69, 6.483 avg.
    20 ballots: #69, 6.513 avg.
    25 ballots: #65, 6.720 avg.
    31 ballots: #70, 6.548 avg.

"8 hot girl" is the intro track from After School's sixth Korean maxi-single, 첫사랑, released on June 13, 2013. Its lyrics were written by Maboos and it was composed and arranged by Brave Brothers. The track features uncredited vocals from Maboos and Chakun, two former members of the Korean hip-hop group Electroboyz.

Despite not actually singing on the track, After School performed "8 hot girl" on music shows alongside "첫사랑 (First Love)" during the single's first week of promotional stages.

[​IMG] (7) — "Unidentified man: 'but sometimes patience is virtue' BritneyIHateFuckingWaiting.gif"

[​IMG] (7) — "uhm... it's embarrassing to admit this, but it's my fault we even had to rate this track nn. while we were coming up with the song list, @Love Deluxe suggested omitting this song but I was adamant we rate it because I have, for years, believed the singing part was Jung-A's voice pitched down ffff to the point where I even tried to use Audacity to pitch the song up and ~expose the truth~ as a big a-ha moment for the write-up during the voting period. well, I was wrong, of course; it's just some man. at least @Remorque enjoyed it!"

@berserkboi (8) — "Will tank but really a great vibe!"

@Macsun (8) — "I wish it was Jungah was singing this."

@singabob (7) — "Very cringy but I guess it's an effective intro."

@eyeline (7) — "Okay why does this low key slap?"

@M24 (6) — "Their worst intro... because it doesn't even feature them haha. Brave Bros. shouldn't have taken up a whole intro for themselves, oh well, at least they gave us First Love."

@SloMover (3) — "This is EMBARRASSING."

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
    Oleander, Cotton Park, aux and 23 others like this.
  14. M24

M24

Oh wow, the graphics for this rate are out of this world! I'm loving them!

My guess was right then. The first time I listened to this I also thought it could've been one of the girls' filtered voices in the second half. Upon more listens... I came to the conclusion it was just your typical male falsetto ddd. It would've been epic if it hadn't been so and the truth had been exposed though.

I appreciate rating it anyway, because it is technically an After School-credited song, and it would've been weird to rate 69 of their 70 officially released songs.

15. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

I'm sorry but we stan Electroboyz in this house. Not sure if....well, ANYONE remembers this, but they collab'd with Nana and she slayed this fucking song:

16. Ha! Not surprised this went first but it is a bop while it lasts (thankfully a very short time dd) so I stand by my somewhat high score ddd

(Loving all the efforts with graphics and layout too - ICONIC!!)

17. Never knew this existed!! Washes away the sting of 8 Hot Girls being eliminated so quickly (continues to bop to Maboy).

18. So you're all telling me the "I really wanna talk to you" or w/e parts after the random man rapping are some other random man and not any of the girls?! I would have given it a flat 0 if I'd known that lmao. Good thing it's in last place anyway.

Absolutely stunning title graphics, I'm obsessed!

19. I gave it a 2 only because I didn't want to completely bomb my high average for that incredible mini album.

20. Ddddddd this is me though. Goes to show how much I need to dive a little deeper into their discography.

I gave 8 hot girl ddd at that title though a 10, because I legit lived for it the twenty times I listened to it for this rate. Had I known it didn't feature literally anyone from the group, I would have docked it a good point or two, but still... I'm listening to it right now and I have no hard feelings.

Me:

I really wanna talk to you...

[​IMG]

Come a little bit close to me...

[​IMG]

There's nobody here, baby...
    It's all about me and you...

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.