The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | The Popjustice Forum

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by BTG, Mar 1, 2013.

1. BTG

BTG

In The Amazing Spider-Man 2, for Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can’t come quickly enough. Peter hasn’t forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen’s father to protect her by staying away – but that’s a promise he just can’t keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.

New costume:

[​IMG]

And assorted other new cast not mentioned in the synopsis:

Chris Cooper is Norman Osborn:

[​IMG]

Paul Giamatti possibly plays The Rhino:

[​IMG]

Shailene Woodley is Mary Jane:

[​IMG]

2. Love those Spidey eyes.

3. duckface

duckface Guest

'Meh'. If the rumors about the Sinister Six are true, then yay, and I like that they've done a different spin on MJ, but I find it hard to be excited.

I feel bad for the MJ actress, she's gotten a lot of hate online for "being ugly". I find myself hating geek culture more and more these days, what with the whole "Fake Geek Girl" idiocy.

4. Totally agree. Misogynistic teenage twats. I hate internet cretins of all stripes. She looks perfectly lovely to me.

I liked the last Spidey film, as I liked all the Raimi ones. None of them were earth-shattering, but good fun all the same.

5. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

She's pretty.

These movies are basically 'Ultimate Spider-Man' adaptations anyway.

6. duckface

duckface Guest

Amazing Spider-Man 3: Kitty Pryde shows up and Peter dies!
    Amazing Spider-Man 4: MILES MORALES and Bill O'Reilly is the villain!

7. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

I'd be happy if he befriended Johnny Storm. But then he wouldn't be Chris Evans, which would sadden me.

8. Shailene Woodley was awful in that Secret Life TV show so hopefully her acting chops are a lot stronger now.

9. duckface

duckface Guest

Gwen's new hair is shit.

[​IMG]

10. Why is the sequel hair memo always "More blonde!" than the last film?

11. Haha, it really is!

Of course, they couldn't do that with Storm in the 'X-Men' films, so instead, they had to make it 'Shorter! Wilder! Sexier!' every time a new one came out. I expect she'll be sporting a white buzz-cut in the next one.

12. duckface

duckface Guest

A white buzz cut would be damn hot, I think. Plus she'll be featured in a dystopian future and who's got time for product?

13. I watched the first one last night. Other than the fact it hit ALL of the plot points from the first Raimi film and lacked some imagination, it wasn't bad. The chemistry between Emma and Andrew was by far the best part.

14. I really loved the first one, much more than any of the original trilogy. The 'look' of the original trilogy really annoys me, it's so dull looking and 'Amazing' just 'pops' more visually. I also find the Peter-Gwen thing is done better than Peter-MJ in S1 and there's no power ranger bot trying to kill Macy Gray.

Hopefully the 1st one is the stepping stone needed to allow the 2nd one to blow us away. 1st one was burdened with having to follow ground that had already been walked.

15. duckface, you know what's on!

I thought it was a good, solid film. Not spectacular in any sense, and its impact was definitely overshadowed by 'The Dark Knight Rises', but it was an really enjoyable watch nonetheless.

Andrew/Emma are by far better than Toby/Kirsten.

16. I despise the weedy, weepy character of Gwen. But then I've always felt Kirsten was fatally miscast in the role of Mary Jane. Mary Jane is a brilliant, complex character and Kirsten didn't do her justice.

17. New trailer:

[video=youtube;dW5u_y27LmQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW5u_y27LmQ[/video]

I don't read the comics but getting electrocuted then falling into a conveniently-placed tank full of electric eels? Seriously? And Jamie Foxx's nerd outfit - my word. Just give him shorts and propellor hat and be done with it.

New-Harry looks good. I can already buy him as the downtrodden-son-rising-up-to-beat-down-on-his-mate type character.

18. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

#Hipsterman2.

It looks decent. I'm just a bit worried that they've shoved too many new characters into it, but we'll see.

19. duckface

duckface Guest

Apparently it's all set-up for the Sinister Six movie, but 2 hours of glorified cameos could be awful, couldn't it?

20. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Like Spider-Man 3 all over again.

I'm willing this one to be good, though. The first film was better than I thought, I really appreciated the level of detail they'd put into it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.