The Ashley Tisdale Rate.

he/him

jRrV73c.png

New York's Best Kept Secret

Average: 4.16
Highest: 9 x 1 (@Sprockrooster)
Lowest: 1 x 4 (@Plethorya, @mat.overboard, @Lost In Japan., @iheartpoptarts)

Sharpay now takes a second hit, this time with New York's Best Kept Secret, taken from her spin-off film Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure. Three more songs are still in the rate from this straight-to-DVD fable, which sees her trying to make a name of herself in New York. In the process, she auditions for a Broadway show and, well, stuff predictably goes wrong. Yatta yatta yatta the musical's producers are given a taping of her singing this number. Now I don't want to spoil the story for anyone so I'll just let Sharpay herself describe her journey:

I thought I had a perfect plan
Where I would wind up on top
One day I'm thinking, "Yes, I can!"
Next thing you know I'm a flop

I love Tori Kelly. This usage of flop is quite unprecedented but I love it; the fact that it's in a musical makes it all the more special. I wonder which one of you ghostwrote this. Probably not Sprockrooster, who appears to have fallen in love with the film: "This movie was a best kept secret." It's not a bad movie, though the songs don't even come close to anything from High School Musical. That's the only positive commentary I received, I_CANNOT_USE_REAL_WORDS_PROPERLY_. Even DJHazey, who gives it a 6, denounces its average quality. "You can appreciate the sentiment behind the song, but it sounds like Sharpay came up with it in her head on the fly." Let me try to comfort you a bit, Sprocky: I don't hate this with a passion, I only feel like it's just there. It doesn't go anywhere and it's cliché-ridden.

Sally_Harper reckons "this isn’t that great. There’s barely any melody to speak of. Not a fan of this one." Another commentator who's not a fan is WhenTheSunGoesDown: "Should have kept this song a secret. Har har har." Kii. I minorly cackled. "What bet did she lose to release this pile or turd?", ponders mat.overboard, while constantino is confused about the song's context. "Was Sharpay even from New York?" She's portraying the protagonist of that Broadway show. "It doesn’t even matter, this is shite either way. I appreciate the effort that was put into the production…but her vocals just cannot pull off this kind of arrangement."

headztrong risks their life with some East High-era shade: "Why is Sharpay singing a Gabriella song?" I_CANNOT_USE_REAL_WORDS_PROPERLY_, Sharpay Evans better not catch you saying that. "[the] most boring part of the whole movie" is how iheartpoptarts evaluates New York's Best Kept Secret, and Plethorya doesn't stray too far from that. "This is where being a former theater kid works against you - I’ve heard this song so many times before, and better."

I_CANNOT_USE_REAL_WORDS_PROPERLY_, THE DAMN SCREENCAP.

he/him
#1) One day I'm thinking, "Yes, I can!"
Next thing you know I'm a flop

#2) It doesn't go anywhere and it's cliché-ridden.​

#1) Why is she being so hard on Ashley's career though?

#2) This is exactly what I was going for. It seemed like Sharpay was making it up as she went along by grabbing any cliché that popped into her head at the time.

D

Deleted member 3416

Much worse left but not exactly crying at it going either.

D

Deleted member 3416

Would love Positivity to go but since that's unlikely then I'll say.... Never Gonna Give You Up or Last Christmas.

Last edited: