The Ashley Tisdale Rate. | Page 36 | The Popjustice Forum

The Ashley Tisdale Rate.

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Atletico, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Wait, I'm high scorer and my commentary was left out? The shade...

2. Oh my God, I'm so sorry, this is what I get for writing that at 2 AM. I'll add it as soon as I can!

3. @DJHazey Done, sweetie, sorry xx

Next up is our top 40! Any predictions for the first song to get out?

DJHazey likes this.
  4. I thought Heaven would be the last standing Degree Girl track.

5. Never Gonna Give You Up should go....

6. On the tenth day of this rate, my true love gave to me

A Wham! cover poorly lipsynced

[​IMG]

Last Christmas

Average: 5.70
    Highest: 10 x 1 (@mat.overboard)
    Lowest: 0 x 1 (@sexercise)

This is our last cover to go for a little while (support Janft on iTunes now xx). Last Christmas, needless to say, is a cover of the holy grail of modern Christmas songs, originally performed by Wham! and released in December 1984. With an even poppier and Disney-fied production, this 2006 version served as queen of festivities Ashley's first single released through Warner Bros. It's in a shitton of holiday compilations and only found its way onto the charts in 2010 and 2011, when it reached the Billboard Holiday Songs charts. I think the song itself is alright but can't hold a candle to the original, as expected, although the whole mess surrounding this song is the promotion. Ashley's most tragic televised moments come in the shape of Last Christmas performances. Let's just say she isn't the queen of lipsync.

The name of Meghan Trainor is brought up again in this rate and I'm officially asking for an exorcism. "Insert Meghan Trainor – 'NO' single cover", pleads sexercise as if a 0 wasn't enough already. iheartpoptarts very much likes though she says "we really didn’t need another one, but I have to admit I like this arrangement a lot. I’ll try not to overrate it just because it’s 'Last Christmas'!" I don't know if one could do such a thing, teebs. Queen of shamelessly promoting other artists Sprockrooster claims not to be a fan of this version, "but always here for Britt Nicole's version". And that being said, thank you coming to mah rate. Just kidding kii What's DJHazey's take on it? "We all know that this song has been covered 3,000,000 times, but Ashley actually sounds great on it, plus the mix makes into more a bop than normal."

headztrong
    notes that "This version is awesome and I hope every Christmas someone remembers this and uses it in a playlist - It’s been happening for years already." Well, if you ever go to mat.overboard's house during the holiday season, you'll most likely hear this. And see stuff you didn't ask for. "Amazing version. She makes my Christmas so much happier. Every year when I'm naked decorating my Christmas tree I have this on and I have a blast!" I do the same though I'd rather not go au naturel, I_CANNOT_USE_REAL_WORDS_PROPERLY_. Plethorya just gets it right: "I love Christmas music and twinkly pop. So this is pretty good for me." "I can appreciate trying to turn this song into a little bit more of a pop bop," acknowledges WhenTheSunGoesDown, but isn't left too convinced. Perhaps Sally_Harper can persuade you? "I used to HAMMER this back in the day, at Christmas obviously, and I still get it stuck in my head all the time. It’s a lovely song, one of the few Christmas songs I don’t cringe at, and I really like Ashley’s take on it."

Now for the kiis.

7. Glad that is gone by the way. And I kind of live for the title 'Queen of shamelessly promoting other artists'.

8. Ah good riddance to that one too.

9. Wait, really?!

Meanwhile, the current thread title is super cute!

10. I feel I've had to listen to Last Christmas covers in every rate lately. This one was definitely better than others though.

11. And to think you could've made us rate the Hilary one if you'd wanted to!

DJHazey likes this.
  12. If I cared more for the song I'd propose a Last Christmas cover rate.

iheartpoptarts and DJHazey like this.
  13. I wanted voters, so I figured one Christmas song was enough.

14. Someone should legit do this at Christmas. It'd be hilarious.

I just went to the 'Last Christmas' Wiki page and that is a lot of good popstars actually?!

WhenTheSunGoesDown likes this.
  15. I would not be participating in it as I dread the Christmas section of any rate that has them.

16. This is where I'd post the Grinch song, if I thought you could see the video!

17. Oh God no - I'd have to listen to the Banarama version again after listening to it for their rate, and you'd probably leave off the one by Gwenno of the Pipettes with some indie band - was it swipe?

18. I need Bop to the Top or Positivity out next please.

19. I need you out please. Out of this thread! Out of my sight!

iheartpoptarts likes this.
  20. Same, but for the other one!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.