The Bargain Thread | Page 147 | The Popjustice Forum

The Bargain Thread

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by multimediac17, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Yep....freaked me a bit at first, but if the problem's serious enough you can get a human to call you...not ideal for me, but that's progress!

2. I am dumb, never noticed!

Eric Generic likes this.
  3. Managed to pick up Saturday Night Sunday Morning from River Detectives for £1.99 plus the Ruby Trax NME 3 CD set for the same price. (did have another but one disc was faulty)

Eric Generic likes this.
  4. Result!

5. Love the River Detectives album, Chains should have been a smasheroo!

I got The Blue Nile High for £1 today, is it anywhere near the first two?

Eric Generic likes this.
  6. It isn't, but it's a sweet listen all the same.

Blaahh and Eric Generic like this.
  7. Sadly not quite, but then nothing really is. Some beautiful tracks, and overall I felt it was closer to the Blue Nile spirit than Peace At Last. That was a little too acoustic and rambling for me at times, whereas High evokes that rainy night-time-in-the-city-vibe with the title cut and She Saw The World, plus it has the gorgeous I Would Never and Stay Close which sonically is the bookend to Over The Hillside from Hats.

Blaahh likes this.
  8. Enjoying Marika Hackman’s recent singles? Been a bit tardy picking up her earlier releases? iTunes have a deluxe version of We Slept At Last for £5.99. 27 tracks (album and three eps I think) and four videos. Bargain!

9. VERY happy to have just picked up The last copy of Robyn’s ‘Honey’ on vinyl for £9.99 in my local HMV sale. Did I need it? No. Want it? Yup!

hownee, Eric Generic and Daniel L like this.
  10. This has been mentioned in the vinyl thread already, but HMV have a pretty sweet CD and Vinyl sale that started today including Madonna’s latest, Spice Girls greatest hits vinyl, Carly Rae Jepsen, Scissor Sisters, Chic, Chaka Khan, Ariana....

I only went in for a browse but came back with:
    Spice Girls - Greatest Hits Picture Disc vinyl £9.99
    Jonas Brothers - Happiness Begins CD £4.99
    Chaka Khan - Hello Happiness CD £5.99
    Ready Player One OST £2.99
    Jonas Blue - Blue CD £2.99
    The Vamps - Night & Day CD/DVD £2.99

11. An HMV sale???? How very retro.

(Please don't tell they've put the deluxe of Carly's latest in it).

Chris Lala likes this.
  12. It was £2.99 but to be honest I didn’t check if it was the deluxe or not, sorry dude! I have the deluxe already so I figured it was best to not even contemplate whether I’d paid a tenner more for it on release day.

ModeRed and Eric Generic like this.
  13. Hmv sale what £2.99 for a cd, i am not paying those prices when i can get them 20p from a charity shop, daylight robbery... lol , they kept that quiet was in there over the weekend not even a whisper of a sale.

Eric Generic and torontodj like this.
  14. Amazon currently offering a load of the Sony-label "Twelve Inch Eighties" 3CD sets for 2.99 each.

I got 7 of them for £21, which works out at literally a quid per disc.

15. Do we know anything about possible Black Friday offers yet?

16. It was £2.99 in my store, sorry :(

Eric Generic likes this.
  17. Tho even at that price I wonder how many of them I really want/don’t have already...

Eric Generic likes this.
  18. Some of the tracks are from vinyl too, I have discovered. Grr.

ModeRed likes this.
  19. Have HMV or Amazon not done a sale this year? I remember buying loads last Christmas.

20. They have, pretty low-key but some decent deals to be had.

Simple Minds 40: 3CD £5
    Recent stuff @ 4.99
    Some Blu-Rays @ 1.99, boxsets from 4.99
    Outlander S1-3 DVD 11.99, S1-2 Blu-Ray only 7 quid!

That's a few things I've seen or bought. Generally if the amazon price has dropped suddenly, they're price-matching the HMV sale.

ModeRed and CatastropheBoy like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.