The Bargain Thread | Page 148 | The Popjustice Forum

The Bargain Thread

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by multimediac17, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Both doing a range of 2 cds for £15, as well as some individual reductions (got latest Foals album for £4 in HMV)
    Also lot of Blu-ray bargains - both series of Preacher for £7 in total

I certainly lightened my wallet by the time I’d left the store!

Eric Generic likes this.
  2. Got the first 3 seasons of The Blacklist for under a tenner in HMV, seemed a good deal. The reductions on the Outlander sets was a bit of a surprise, but I've got them all now.

ModeRed likes this.
  3. Probably not many Genesis fans here, even fewer Tony Banks solo ones I expect, but anyway....

The 4-disc boxset "A Chord Too Far" is 7.49 in Lossless CD quality download format at QoBuz. Consider the CD set is still about £30 and even the mp3 version is a ridiculous £30 on Amazon.

Insania ahoy!

4. £5.50 on Amazon for the new Tame Impala CD......run!

ModeRed and Eric Generic like this.
  5. Run? More like sprint!!

Eric Generic likes this.
  6. Mine arrived today. I do love the Tame Impala artworks....

7. There is 15% off everything excluding pre-orders over at Cherry Red Records. It was supposed to be Monday only but their site was down pretty much all day.

I've just ordered:
    1. Liza Minnelli - Results Expanded Edition
    2. Mel & Kim - FLM - bought the singles boxset a few months ago so I'm guessing there isn't anything on this that wasn't on that? But will be nice to own nonetheless.
    3. Sonia - Everybody Knows
    4. Dusty Springfield - Reputation - bought purely off the back of discovering the amazing Liza Minnelli results album this weekend!
    5. Princess

Humanracin, lob0to, Blaahh and 2 others like this.
  8. Humanracin likes this.
  9. Results, for you! Well done, good haul. Have been trying since Monday lunch time but the site still won't load for me at all.
    Feck.

10. I got the email for the Cherry Red sale, pity it was only 15% off and the Aussie dollars has dropped again.
    But I did notice the first two Howard Jones deluxe 2CD, DVD albums were back in stock, so couldn’t resist snagging them.

Chris Lala and Eric Generic like this.
  11. Me and my husband did rather well out of that Cherry Red sale, thanks for the heads up.

12. That’s very generous! Name rings a bell but cannot place any of her tunes.

Eric Generic likes this.
  13. Each download album also has a neat PDF booklet with full lyrics and some liner notes/thoughts. Clearly a labour of love for her.

14. Ridiculously generous, always meant to listen to her stuff. Might pick a couple, thanks EG.

Pop Life and Eric Generic like this.
  15. I started with the mid-late 80s albums, having looked on Wiki those were the ones I would read reviews of in NME/Q etc. She was on Reprise/Warners at that time; there's a great-looking Compilation from 1992 that I might pick up online as well, depending on how much I love these albums.

16. Wow, that is so generous.
    I have her albums Maria and When I Was A Boy on CD but kind of lost track of her over the years.
    I'll definitely get a few of the newer albums.

Pop Life and Eric Generic like this.
  17. invertedbutterfly

invertedbutterfly Staff Member

I already owned this and a couple of singles, but I downloaded the City compilation because It Can't Rain All the Time remains one of my favourite songs of all time that I don't actually own on anything:

Eric Generic and Pop Life like this.
  18. Ooh love Jane!

Mimi on the Beach was a staple on Canadian music video shows in the '80s.

Eric Generic and Pop Life like this.
  19. Yes, the City comp looks good to me...there are a couple of Peter Gabriel collaborations on there that I never even knew about! I thought I'd researched everything PG when putting together my mammoth anthology, but these slipped through the net.

I must know the k.d. lang duet from the Wim Wenders film soundtrack for Until The End Of The World; will probably recognise it when I hear it again.

Humanracin likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.