The Big Breakfast revival | The Popjustice Forum

The Big Breakfast revival

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Matgo, Apr 1, 2021.

1. I am all for this! Miss it so much.

2. This had so many iconic female presenters so it'd be great to get some of them back. Denise/Gaby Roslin/Liza Tarbuck/Kelly Brooke/queen Paula Yates.. the whole thing was an amazing mess and a huge part of my childhood TV watching.

3. This theme tune just makes me smile.

4. Poor Zoe Ball, not meriting a mention while the famously awful Kelly Brook gets one!

I'd probably give this a watch if Johnny and Denise did come back.

Andrew likes this.
  5. While there's a lot to be said for nostalgia...I can't be arsed with breakfast TV anymore.

Doodvid likes this.
  6. I think Chris and Gaby would serve a revival better, if only because they brought in two million viewers every morning. But this will be interesting regardless, if only to see how it would work now.

Andrew likes this.
  7. Oh my god I hope this happens! Please bring back More Tea Vicar! I was gutted when they axed it and replaced it with Ri:se. I also really enjoyed Richard Bacon and Amanda Byram together!

8. Always had a soft spot for the Big Breakfast. This was a great moment, appealing to my juvenile sense of humour both then and now:

dell321, SockMonkey and Andrew like this.
  9. I loved the absurdity of Wonga:

10. [​IMG]

The Big Breakfast is initially coming back as a one off special for Channel 4's Black to Front day.

It's confirmed that the show will broadcast live from the original Lock Keepers Cottages and will feature the return of Phil Gayle reading the news. The broadcast date is reported to be 10th September.

Yeahyeahyeah likes this.
  11. Wow, so many memories growing up watching this show before school/work.

It's nice to read that Johnny and Denise have made up too.

Andrew likes this.

12. That theme tune!! I'm excited now.

13. Is this a one-off or are they using this to re-launch the show?

14. It's a one off for the time being but there is a lot of talk of this being a back door pilot for a full revival.

They've certainly gone to town on the house and made it Big Breakfasty again:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Andrew likes this.
  15. Hoping they play More Tea Vicar!

16. They're playing One Lump Or Two

17. This brings back so many memories. Loved Johnny and Denise back in the day. Hope they bring this back permanently

18. It will be interesting to see if this type of show will work in 2021. I can't recall the last time I watched morning television myself.

dell321 likes this.
  19. The Big Breakfast left such a huge mark on television, it's still very visible in 2021. Consider The One Show with the crew cheering, or the various Xtra Factor/It Takes Two shows over the years, and it was The Big Breakfast that started reading out messages from viewers on TV. Via phone and fax then, Twitter today.

Andrew likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.