The Big Korean Charts Thread | Page 68 | The Popjustice Forum

The Big Korean Charts Thread

Discussion in 'K-pop' started by 3Xs, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Woo-Hoo! No.1 for Girl's Day! They really a top band now!

2. 3Xs

3Xs

#SLAYSTAR ALERT | The Big Korean Charts Thread

This week's charts are in!

Points of interest

Vanquishing all competition, SISTAR debut on top, sitting on the throne with their latest multi-roof hitting smash "Touch My Body", which opens at #1 with 378k sold. It is the largest debut among all girl groups in 2014 (the second year in a row they've accomplished this feat, following 2013's "Give It To Me") and is the second-largest opening overall. Only Akdong Musician's "200%" sold more in a single week, when it opened with 468k back in April.

"Touch My Body" is SISTAR's 5th #1 single, all of which have been consecutive since 2011's "SO COOL". The foursome also enters album track "Naughty Hands" with Verbal Jint at #7, bringing the group's total number of top 10's to 12. At the same time SISTAR post their best-ever result over on the albums chart, where they open at #2 with their latest mini TOUCH & MOVE. It bests the #3 peak of their 2012 EP Alone, as well as last year's full-length Give It To Me, which opened at #5.

Also doing better than expected in the reverse sense is INFINITE, who debut on top of the albums chart as expected while surprising with a strong showing on the singles chart. Their latest single "Back" enters at #2 to become the group's highest-charting single, surpassing the #3 peaks of 2011's "Paradise" and 2013's "Destiny". "Back" also surpasses this year's "Last Romeo", which only made it to #7. Overall it is the group's 8th top 10 hit.

Block B, likewise, surprise this week with new personal bests. Last week's "Jackpot" climbs even higher this time, up 10-5, a move that would mark a new best if not for "HER", which debuts at #3 to take the title of Block B's best-charting single. It is Block B's 5th top 10 hit.

TOP 10 SINGLES (Current: 7.20 ~ 7.26)
    Rank - Artist - Title - (Downloads)

1. SISTAR - Touch My Body (378,883) [NEW]
    2. INFINITE - Back (162,893) [NEW]
    3. Block B - HER (191,973) [NEW]
    4. Girl's Day - Darling (156,835) [-3]
    5. Block B - Jackpot (139,633) [+5]
    6. Park Myung Soo - Myungsoo's Ddukbokki (feat. Lim Kim, UL) (127,413) [-4]
    7. SISTAR - Naughty Hands (feat. Verbal Jint) (172,570) [NEW]
    8. San E, Raina - A Midsummer Night's Sweetness (82,099) [-3]
    9. Chen (EXO) - Best Luck (112,633) [NEW]
    10. Swings - Phone Number (feat. Verbal Jint, 40) (96,048) [-1]

TOP 10 ALBUMS (Current: 7.20 ~ 7.26)

1. INFINITE - Be Back [NEW]
    2. SISTAR - TOUCH & MOVE [NEW]
    3. GOT7 - GOT♡ [+6]
    4. Various Artists - I Love POP Top 40 [NEW]
    5. BEAST - Good Luck [+1]
    6. B1A4 - SOLO DAY [-5]
    7. Girl's Day - Girl's Day Everyday #4 [-4]
    8. f(x) - Red Light [-4]
    9. AOA - Short Hair [NEW]
    10. EXO - XOXO Repackage (Kiss Ver.) [+6]

3. Re: #SLAYSTAR ALERT | The Big Korean Charts Thread

I'm surprised about Block B! For some reason I didn't think they were popular enough to perform that well on the singles chart.They would probably be able to win an award if SISTAR and INFINITE weren't sweeping them up.

EXO still on the albums chart is just hilarious now. Cue 2034 when the MAMA mini is at #9 for 6 weeks.

4. 3Xs

3Xs

Re: #SLAYSTAR ALERT | The Big Korean Charts Thread

Block B's digital power has been steadily growing. I think people feel endeared to them now after all the crap they had to go through with their label. Also doesn't hurt that HER is a jam.

As for INFINITE I think their fanbase went really hard with this single, putting in concerted efforts to download the song during the early morning hours to get it to #1 on MelOn, basically following the model Bar Bar Bar set last year (this was the first time INFINITE debuted #1 on MelOn iirc). Either that or the public just likes Rphabet title tracks more. "Destiny" also out-peaked "Man In Love" last year.

5. Re: #SLAYSTAR ALERT | The Big Korean Charts Thread

Yeah true, now they just need to release single after single and not go quiet for months. If they do keep up the momentum they'll most likely move up a tier.

6. Re: #SLAYSTAR ALERT | The Big Korean Charts Thread

Mighty Sistar. 5 consecutive number 1s is fucking awesome.

7. 3Xs

3Xs

Points of interest

The Big Korean Charts thread announced this week that it would be issuing a #SLAYSTAR ALERT for a second week in a row, due to continued threats to people's faves from "Touch My Body", which this week rules the chart for a second time. It is SISTAR's 3rd single to top the chart for two weeks, following 2013's "Give It To Me" and 2012's "Alone", both of which also ruled for two consecutive weeks.

Matching her K-Chart peak HyunA's "Red" opens at #3 (#1 on downloads) to become her 7th solo top 10 single, coming in just below Block B, who rise 3-2 with their breakout hit "HER".

Also new in the top 10 is JYJ, who score their 3rd Gaon top 10 with "BACK SEAT" at #6, and Davichi, who land their 15th top 10 with "It's Okay, That's Love" at #8. Outside the top 10 Yenny aka HA:TFELT's "Ain't Nobody" opens at #16.

Over on the albums chart JYJ's Just Us opens at #1 ahead of Block B and HyunA. It is their 3rd consecutive chart-topper.

TOP 10 SINGLES (Current: 7.27 ~ 8.2)

1. SISTAR - Touch My Body (188,427) [+0]
    2. Block B - HER (152,887) [+1]
    3. HyunA - Red (221,261) [NEW]
    4. INFINITE - Back (77,026) [-4]
    5. Girl's Day - Darling (111,317) [-1]
    6. JYJ - BACK SEAT (122,831) [NEW]
    7. San E, Raina - A Midsummer Night's Sweetness (75,172) [+1]
    8. Davichi - It's Okay, That's Love (138,724) [NEW]
    9. Block B - Jackpot (75,479) [-4]
    10. Park Myung Soo - Myungsoo's Ddukbokki (feat. Lim Kim, UL) (75,818) [-4]

TOP 10 ALBUMS (Current: 7.27 ~ 8.2)

1. JYJ - Just Us [NEW]
    2. Block B - H.E.R [NEW]
    3. HyunA - A Talk [NEW]
    4. B1A4 - SOLO DAY [+2]
    5. 100% - Cool Summer Album Sunkiss [+43]
    6. HA:TFELT - Me? [NEW]
    7. BESTie - Hot Baby [NEW]
    8. GOT7 - GOT♡ [-5]
    9. Various Artists - K-Pop Drama O.S.T Hit Collection Vol.3 [NEW]
    10. VIXX - Eternity [+3]

8. Re: #SLAYSTAR ALERT | The Big Korean Charts Thread

What did Hyuna's previous singles get, do you know?

9. 3Xs

3Xs

As a lead artist

Change: #2
    A Bitter Day: #10
    Bubble Pop: #3
    Ice Cream: #1
    Red: #3

10. Re: #SLAYSTAR ALERT | The Big Korean Charts Thread

Interesting, thanks. Do we think Red will rise or fall next week?

11. 3Xs

3Xs

It'll stay in the top 10, most likely. Don't think it will rise though.

12. 3Xs

3Xs

Points of interest

San E only further proves why he's a digital force to be reckoned with, dislodging SISTAR from the top spot to score his second #1 single this year with "Body Language" featuring Bumkey. It is San E's 7th top 10 single and his 3rd #1 to date. It comes hot on the heels of "A Midsummer Night's Sweetness", which this week logs its 9th frame in the top 10.

2014 truly is proving to be a breakout year for Crush, who nets a 4th top 10 hit (and his best showing yet as a lead artist) with the OST track "Sleepless Night", which bows at #6.

The only other new entry to this week's top 10 comes courtesy of SM rookies Red Velvet, who enter their debut track "Happiness" at #9.

Album chart is for some reason not posted yet, so I'll update when Gaon publishes.

TOP 10 SINGLES (Current: 8.3 ~ 8.9)

1. San E - Body Language (feat. Bumkey) (255,429) [NEW]
    2. SISTAR - Touch my body (126,382) [-1]
    3. Block B - HER (105,951) [-1]
    4. HyunA - Red (119,318) [-1]
    5. Girl's Day - Darling (87,023) [+0]
    6. Crush - Sleepless Night (176,116) [NEW]
    7. Davichi - It's Okay, That's Love (135,527) [+1]
    8. San E, Raina - A Midsummer Night's Sweetness (72,122) [-1]
    9. Red Velvet - Happiness (150,075) [NEW]
    10. INFINITE - Back (52,368) [-6]

TOP 10 ALBUMS (Current: 8.3 ~ 8.9)

1. JYJ - Just Us [+0]
    2. Block B - H.E.R [+0]
    3. B1A4 - SOLO DAY [+1]
    4. LADIES' CODE - KISS KISS [NEW]
    5. EXO - XOXO Repackage (Kiss Ver.) [+6]
    6. HA:TFELT - Me? [+0]
    7. SISTAR - TOUCH & MOVE [+16]
    8. EXO-K - Overdose [+96]
    9. BESTie - Hot Baby [-2]
    10. Girl's Day - Girl's Day Everyday #4 [+10]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  13. 3Xs

3Xs

Updated with albums.

14. 3Xs

3Xs

Points of interest

The debut of the year undoubtedly is WINNER, who, per their name, do just that, debuting at #1 with their title track "Empty", and dominating 4 out of the top 5 spots on the downloads chart, including the entire top 3. "Empty" enters at #1 with a whopping 397k sold. It is the second-largest debut of the year, only topped by YG labelmates Akdong Musician, who took "200%" to the top with 468k back in April. WINNER's secondary title track "Color Ring" starts at #3 with 228k sold, while "Don't Flirt" round things out at #9 with 208k sold. Adding to last year's #7 "Go Up", WINNER's top 10 tally now stands at 4. In addition to this, WINNER score a chart double upon debut, also landing this week's #1 album with their first set "2014 S/S".

Denied what was sure to be a #1 if not for WINNER, Park Boram has been tearing up the charts with her breakout hit "Beautiful", which this week climbs 9 spots to #2. Also on the rise this week is YG basement-dweller B.I, who busts out with his Show Me The Money 3 hit "Be I", up 17 spots to #7 this week.

Outside the top 10 Secret debut at #14 with "I'm in love", only a hair better than last year's #15 flop "I Do I Do", while Brown Eyed Girls rise 18 spots to #44 with "Hush".

TOP 10 SINGLES (Current: 8.10 ~ 8.17)

1. WINNER - Empty (397,791) [NEW]
    2. Park Boram - Beautiful (203,835) [+9]
    3. WINNER - Color Ring (228,711) [NEW]
    4. Block B - HER (86,941) [-1]
    5. SISTAR - Touch my body (98,458) [-3]
    6. Crush - Sleepless Night (133,392) [+0]
    7. B.I - Be I (136,125) [+17]
    8. San E - Body Language (feat. Bumkey) (127,978) [-7]
    9. WINNER - Don't Flirt (208,437) [NEW]
    10. Davichi - It's Okay, That's Love (115,140) [-3]

TOP 10 ALBUMS (Current: 8.10 ~ 8.17)

1. WINNER - 2014 S/S [NEW]
    2. Secret - Secret Summer [NEW]
    3. Block B - H.E.R [-1]
    4. B1A4 - SOLO DAY [-1]
    5. Brown Eyed Girls - Special Moments [NEW]
    6. Various Artists - Begin Again OST [+67]
    7. Peppertones - HIGH-FIVE [NEW]
    8. Various Artists - High School King OST [NEW]
    9. EXO - XOXO Repackage (Kiss Ver.) [-4]
    10. JYJ - Just Us [-9]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  15. Pen Expers

Pen Expers Moderator

Park Boram still riding on that talent show hype I guess, the song is so unremarkable.

16. 3Xs

3Xs

Points of interest

Busker Busker, even by way of just one of their members, is still unfathomably popular. Out on his own, Jang Beom June records this week's #1 single, dominating 4 of the top 5 slots on the downloads chart, and netting 3 hits on the overall top 10. "Difficult Lady" leads the pack, opening on top with 302k.

But June isn't the only winning soloist on this week's ranking, Taemin's solo outing is a surprise winner; not only does his single "Danger" make the top 5, his EP Ace opens at #1 on the albums chart as well.

The only thing more surprising than Taemin's win are the girl groups who lose: Orange Caramel and KARA both miss the top 10, and Orange Caramel and Sunny Hill both register their lowest-charting title tracks ever.

OC's "My Copycat" enters at #22 - their first single to miss the top 10 since their 2010 debut "Magic Girl" made #18. Even the CF song "Abing Abing" made it higher - also to #18.

KARA, meanwhile, fare little better; their comeback as a four-piece flops as "Mamma Mia" only makes it to #17, worst by far than last year's #4 "Damaged Lady". It is KARA's first single to miss the top 10 since 2010, as well as the their first main title track to miss the top 10 since their debut single "Break It" (#18) way back in 2007.

Finally, it appears Sunny Hill have just completely fallen out of favor with the public; their "Monday Blues" bombs onto the chart at a disastrous #96 - by far their lowest chart single, lower even than the #47 charting of their pre-release "Once In A Summer". Although it was released on a Thursday, it's already fallen out of the top 100 on most digital charts, so recovery seems unlikely...

Thankfully news is a little better on the albums chart, where Bangtan Boys (whose "Danger" makes it to #77 on the singles chart), KARA, and Orange Caramel all make the top 10.

TOP 10 SINGLES (Current: 8.17 ~ 8.23)

1. Jang Beom June - Difficult Woman (302,780) [NEW]
    2. WINNER - Empty (158,623) [-1]
    3. Park Boram - Beautiful (136,945) [+9]
    4. Jang Beom June - The One I Love (228,591) [NEW]
    5. Taemin - Danger (124,032) [NEW]
    6. Jang Beom June - Fallen Leaves Ending (182,532) [NEW]
    7. Block B - HER (65,945) [-3]
    8. SISTAR - Touch my body (63,681) [-3]
    9. Davichi - It's Okay, That's Love (82,346) [+1]
    10. WINNER - Color Ring (93,411) [-7]

TOP 10 ALBUMS (Current: 8.17 ~ 8.23)

1. Taemin - Ace [NEW]
    2. Bangtan Boys - Dark & Wild [NEW]
    3. KARA - Day & Night [NEW]
    4. Jang Beom June - Jang Beom June Vol.1 [NEW]
    5. Junho (2PM) - Feel [NEW]
    6. Block B - H.E.R [-3]
    7. WINNER - 2014 S/S [-6]
    8. Orange Caramel - My Copycat [NEW]
    9. IU - Flower Bookmark [NEW]
    10. Various Artists - It's Okay, That's Love OST Vol.1[NEW]

17. Jesus.. KARA, Orange Caramel and Sunnyhill all bombing.

18. All good girl groups who have seen better days. Who would have thought Orange Caramel would flop off the back of Catallena? (Not counting Abing Abing.)

19. If OC had come back with a stronger song it would have done better. They were on the brink of a breakthrough too. Shame.

20. 3Xs

3Xs

I think it's more to do with the too-many-singles-in-a-year curse. Second comebacks in the same year have a tendency to do poorer on the charts, for whatever reason. I think if they'd released it in 2015 it would have gone top 10. They were pressing their luck a little with this comeback and it didn't work out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.