The Big Reunion (S3) | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

The Big Reunion (S3)

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by TheInsider, Oct 22, 2014.

1. It absolutely will not happen. When and if Las Ketchup and Los del Rio reunite, it will be their own focus with their own headlining tours. Neither of these groups need the back up of this show.

2. Don't Las Ketchup still tour clubs now, like a Spanish Bucks Fizz?

3. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

I could totally see Daphne and Celeste popping up and pretending they never released their hipster album last year.

ohnoitisnathan likes this.
  4. SBK

SBK

Is not unprecedented for the acts to have had comeback attempts already.

5ive
    Atomic Kitten
    The Honeyz
    Blue
    A1
    Damage

All had attempts/were in the middle of comebacks before taking part in the show.

5. Savage Garden?
    Made in London?

distant_cousin likes this.
  6. I've been racking my brains trying to think of any viable groups that could possibly do this.
    Literally can't think of any with enough success to warrant it. Cleopatra I guess but given that they are sisters I can't really see there being much of a story to tell, and there isn't a "reunion" aspect to it. Similar with 3T last series who were so boring they didn't even feature that much if my memory serves me correctly.

I can only see a watered down S Club Juniors, or groups which have remained active without much UK exposure such as Aqua, Vengaboys.

Unless like others have said they're looking to more recent acts such as The Wanted and JLS? Even then I'm struggling to think of anything else realistic.

YourLeadSinger likes this.
  7. Perhaps it will focus on acts who have already reformed and tell the stories of how they got there. So, All Saints, the Fizz etc.

8. Wonder how much it would cost ITV to somehow force S Club 7 back into the same room again? Also Atomic Kitten reuniting again after the Kerry Does India debacle really would be something...but ideally with Jenny thrown in too please.

9. Watch it be a 'what are they all doing now?' style rehash of the original 2 series.

10. This was exactly what I was thinking it would be.

11. Didn't the other guy from A1 join them since that season? And maybe Another Level can be tempted instead of the weird super group. If Louise wasn't doing her own thang, maybe Eternal could too but it's not happening now. In these senses, it could rehash previously featured acts. Exploring Kerry's torpedo to Atomic Kitten, Michelle Heaton bopping from group to group and getting Naima to confront her two detractors Hev and Mariama!!

12. The original series was such a unique concept. Yeah Take That and Spice Girls had reformed by then but it wasn't such a 'thing' as it is now. And it was the right length of time since all those acts split that it made it the right time, and they all had a reasonably similar level of success/recognition. It would be absolutely impossible to think of a new series that could somehow do that, which was why series 2 was such a let-down. The acts who could feasibly do it are big enough to do it without a TV series to initiate it.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  13. I want an MKS special.

14. SBK

SBK

Cant they simply do a tweet.. "not a lot"

15. Let's see I'd suggest

Cleopatra
    Ultimate Kaos
    Five Star
    Mis-teeq
    Big Brovaz
    Solid Harmonie
    Truce
    Another Level (they all might be willing to do it together now)

16. Had Alesha not been pregnant she MAY have done it out of generosity. But now she is, no chance.

17. The Wanted
    Mis-teeq
    S Club 8
    A*Teens
    Big Brovas
    Sugababes

Make it happen.

18. Honeyz again with Naima and they do Talk to the Hand on the Tour and release it and it goes to number 1 please.

19. Why is it assumed itll be mainly late 90s/early 00s acts? Could be back to the 80s.

20. Assuming it stays on ITV2 I think we can safely assume the majority of acts would be 90’s/2000’s; ITV2’s main remit is to appeal to 16-34 year olds and 80’s acts wouldn’t really be the bands most people in this demo grew up listening to.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.