The Big Reunion (series 1)

Re: Atomic Kitten, 5ive, B*Witched, 911, Honeyz etc to reunite for ITV2 series

I haven't been tuning into this, is it any good?

What has happened to Natasha? She looks like Pete Burns.

D

Deleted member 5343

Natasha looks like a member if Stooshe

S

ShakespearsMister

Atomic Kitten are just all wrong without Jenny. Kerry fitted into the band 13 years ago, not now.

I'm having an Atomic Kitten night spinning the old albums. 'Everything Goes Around' was one of the best things they ever did, why the hell didn't they release it as a single?

L

Lady Agnes Holland

Atomic Kitten are just all wrong without Jenny. Kerry fitted into the band 13 years ago, not now.

Jenny is actually five months pregnant with twins right now, so if anyone "won't fit" it ain't Kerry.

Plus, who is Jenny to tell anyone anything ? Even when radio got sent Jenny's vocal take of "Whole Again", they didn't play it (like the label wanted) and kept the Kerry version in rotation.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/n...c-kitten-reunion-i-was-a-founding-member.html

Atomic Kitten don't need Jenny for anything, they had just reached that hit streak, a split second before Jenny joined, she was simply riding on the back of a wave that had already been created by others.

Kerry quit because she got pregnant, Jenny can't take part in the reunion because she is five months gone now.

If anything Jenny is proving that she is no different to Kerry (in that respect) and is handling her pregnancy in exactly the same way.

Kerry is taking her rightful place back, now that Jenny is prevented from re-joining for the same reasons that Kerry left in the first place.

Jenny can hardly say anything about Kerry taking her vocal on "Eternal Flame" as it was a cover of a bangles song anyway (with "The Tide Is High" originally being brought to the masses by Blondie).

Jenny's voice is the worst professional singing voice in the entire history of recorded music.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

ShakespearsMister

I take it you don't like Jenny?

The only reuniting act that matters:

S

ShakespearsMister

They were fantastic until the X album, then it all went "a bit shit".

They were fantastic until the X album, then it all went "a bit shit".

I was horrified by Song 4 Lovers at first but it really isn't that bad. X (forget the cheaptastic video) and their cover of Dirty Cash was great, though.

Solenciennes

Staff member

Jessica looks scarily like Heidi Range in that picture.

YESSSSSSS Liberty X.

The last album was truly poor, but the first two were so great that they get a pass.

There are three and a half excellent voices in that group.

V

vasilios

They all look amazing!

Spike and Sinead always looked like that anyway.

E*XCITED.

When is it on TV?

I was horrified by Song 4 Lovers at first but it really isn't that bad. X (forget the cheaptastic video) and their cover of Dirty Cash was great, though.
In My Bed is brilliant too, it's perfect winter evening listening. It's Ok, Then There Was You and Shotgun are good too. But yeah, definitely the weakest.

Mvnl

Staff member

So erm, what will this show be about? Will they perform together? Battle eachother?
Recreate classic video moments?

V

vasilios

I'm having an Atomic Kitten night spinning the old albums. 'Everything Goes Around' was one of the best things they ever did, why the hell didn't they release it as a single?

The Ladies Night album is flawless. Not a bad track.

Mvnl

Staff member

The Ladies Night album is flawless. Not a bad track.

Title track aside.
But apart from that it's a lovely bunch of midtempos.
I Won't Be There is especially lovely.

L

Lady Agnes Holland

I take it you don't like Jenny?

I have nothing against Jenny, maybe because I bought the "Right Now" single on release week and lived through every single and the first version of the album (the "Follow Me" era was a particular highlight for me), I know the vibe Kerry brought was part of what defined the band chemistry . . so when Jenny came along with that voice and her passive agressive distancing techniques whenever the subject of Kerry was mentioned, I started to miss Kerry's carefree attitude as much as her burps and farts.

Jenny was always more business like (which was pretentious as her actual voice was so bad). Even now, Jenny can't take that stick out her ass and meet up with Kerry without a contractual reason that pays her money to do so.

Kerry was an original member and on a psychological level, having her contribution recognised today, is improving her self confidence in leaps and bounds, behaving in a passive agressive way towards someone who is known to have emotional issues stemming from childhood is downright sadistic on Jenny's part.

Last edited by a moderator:
V

vasilios

I bought Right Now (singe and album) on release day too, wet my pants when they appeared for 1 second onstage at the Smash Hits Poll Winners 2000 I attended, I love the first album era (and I too adore the first 4 singles) but still think Jenny is more suited than Kerry. But meh, I will live.

F

Former member 330

My Right Now CD singles are fully signed by the original 3 and Kerry was like, "An-funny? Eh? Ok..." and then she wrote "Anfunny - U aint funny!" before signing. Thus, she wins Kerry Vs Jenny forever more.

S

ShakespearsMister

I have nothing against Jenny, maybe because I bought the "Right Now" single on release week and lived through every single and the first version of the album (the "Follow Me" era was a particular highlight for me), I know the vibe Kerry brought was part of what defined the band chemistry . . so when Jenny came along with that voice and her passive agressive distancing techniques whenever the subject of Kerry was mentioned, I started to miss Kerry's carefree attitude as much as her burps and farts.

Jenny was always more business like (which was pretentious as her actual voice was so bad). Even now, Jenny can't take that stick out her ass and meet up with Kerry without a contractual reason that pays her money to do so.

Kerry was an original member and on a psychological level, having her contribution recognised today, is improving her self confidence in leaps and bounds, behaving in a passive agressive way towards someone who is known to have emotional issues stemming from childhood is downright sadistic on Jenny's part.
I just don't get your previous statement about Kerry taking her "rightful" place in the band. This isn't Keishagate - she wasn't kicked out. She chose to leave. Jenny made two more albums with Atomic Kitten and contributed far more. I just can't understand why you'd think Kerry deserves to be part of this reunion more than Jenny. It's just going to be plain awkward watching her sing 'The Tide Is High' etc which is exactly what will happen as 90% of the band discography came AFTER Kerry.