The Birthdays | The Popjustice Forum

The Birthdays

Discussion in 'Potential next big things' started by Andy French, Jul 16, 2021.

1. This came up on my NMF radar and I'm...obsessed? 90s college radio jangle pop meets Garbage guitar riffs, lots of fuzz and a touch of The Cure. The single cover is also a serve.

There's an interview with Vanyaland (??) here that gives some background on the band - I'm not familiar with Ben Grey or Jackson Phillips but I'll have to check out their solo work.

Get into it hookers @Jwentz @LE0Night @Jonathan27 @Petty Mayonnaise @beyoncésweave

2. Oh this is immense, I'll be playing the fuck out of it. Thank you for the tag sis, I followed them so will be perched for upcoming music!

Dreampopboy, Jwentz and Andy French like this.
  3. Oh yes this is immense.

Dreampopboy and Andy French like this.
  4. So I was very close to posting about The Birthdays, but I wasn't sure if they'd find an audience on here. I love everything about them, including their name. They're perfect. Truly, a dream band.

Andy French likes this.
  5. Okay 2008!

Jonathan27 and Andy French like this.
  6. Andy French likes this.
  7. Finally listened to this. Immediately love the driving guitar - reminds me of Parade by Garbage. Great track!

Andy French and Jonathan27 like this.
  8. Finally, a new song is coming!

Jonathan27 likes this.
  9. It's here -

Not quite as attention grabbing as Bunny on my first listen, but I'm really enjoying the 2010 indie pop throwback sound they're going for here.

Jonathan27 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.