The Boulet Brothers' Dragula: Search for the World's Next Drag Supermonster | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

The Boulet Brothers' Dragula: Search for the World's Next Drag Supermonster

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Tiger Suit, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Meatball giving her confessional after the coffin with a condom on her top destroyed me.

Poor Pinche though, she got EVERYTHING in her face.

This is going to be so good.

LPT and RHOPJ like this.
  2. I haven't laughed so hard at a TV show as I did this episode's last ten minutes in an age! This strikes me as less of a competition and more of a weird comedy spoof of Drag Race, and all the better for it.

3. Yeah the last disgusting challenge was giving me pure I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here..and I'm ready.

I want the finale to be just

[Ru Voice]

In the grand tradition of Divine...which one of you...will eat this dog shit?

4. When is the next episode up? I'm anxious to see who gets burned at the stake next!

5. It won't be Xochi Mochi or Vander Von Odd though.

6. November 14th.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  7. Think Melissa Befierce will probably win. She's also my favourite so far, apart from Frankie Doom.

RHOPJ likes this.
  8. I LOVE Frankie Doom. What a talent.

AmbivalentToBritney likes this.
  9. Odd how this has suddenly revitalised Raja and Raven. Best episode in ages and they look great.

RHOPJ likes this.
  10. Yas Raja.

11. The only critique I disagreed with was Meatball looking like a clown witch... She was giving me Gingerbread house witch from Hansel & Gretel.

And yas at Xochi and Vander getting the shoots!

RHOPJ likes this.
  12. Some of the makeup is proper Fright Night horror movie quality.

13. The clown witch was my least favourite by far. No.

14. If Melissa can deliver as much grit as Frankie or Xochi, she could win, but she seems too clean to be a monster right now.

Vander's makeup was top notch horror movie.

I hope Meatball sticks around for a while, she was hilarious in her coffin.

RHOPJ likes this.
  15. Second episode is up and it's better than the first one.

RHOPJ and AmbivalentToBritney like this.
  16. Halfway through and I can't unsee Meatball serving Gemma Collins realness on the runway.

constantino and munro like this.
  17. They've found a star in Vander.

RHOPJ likes this.
  18. OKAY. I'm watching it right now. I'll post a few opinions along the way.

The theme tune needs to be on my iPod and in my ears on a regular basis.

19. Dragula: Episode 2

CONTAINS SPOILERS
    • One of the things I love about Dragula is the complete absence of shade. I love bitchy queen confessionals on Drag Race, but they're all so supportive of each other, and it sets this apart from Drag Race in that regard. I imagine that's what it must be like backstage at a drag gig.
    • Loris reliving her traumatic experience in the coffins...made me chuckle. "I may have accidentally swallowed a cricket, which isn't the most vegan thing to do."
    • I'm so glad Meatball came back!
    • Oh. The camaraderie has vanished now the suriving queens are back from The Vault. That lasted, didn't it? Wait. They're all supporting each other again.
    • I love The Boulet Brothers. I totally 'get' their aesthetic. They're much better on this episode than they were a fortnight ago, more comfortable in front of the camera. They're still a bit raw at times, trying to remember lines, but for a web series they're doing a good job.
    • The looks of fear on the faces of the queens when The Boulet Brothers threaten them with a punch on the face! "Shut up shut up shut up!"
    • Vander Von Odd. Vander Von God more like it.
    • The problem with Melissa Befierce is that she's a bit too polished for horror drag, but she's such a talent. I'd love to see her on Drag Race.
    • Xochi Mochi's make-up skills are insane! She's definitely my favourite alongside Vander Von God, Frankie Doom, and Meatball.
    • Ursula's tattoo!!!
    • Foxy in the Top Four was a bit of a surprise. She was good but I didn't get twisted weirdo female wrestler from her.
    • I'm sick of death drops too. Stop it.
    • I think Xochi spent more time on her make-up than her outfit.
    • The standard is uniformally high, so this is a tought call to make.
    • The Extermination Challenge changes every week!
    • Tip The Queens. They deserve it!
    • Oh my God. This is ridiculous and utterly hilarious.
    • Melissa Befierce knocking fuck out of Xochi in the ring. It's all too much. She deserved her win.
    • Ursula's murder scene was brilliant, utterly high camp.
    This is a great series. Keep it going!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    AmbivalentToBritney likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.