The Boys (Amazon Prime’s Superhero Show) | Page 12 | The Popjustice Forum

The Boys (Amazon Prime’s Superhero Show)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by TobyC, Oct 6, 2018.

1. That is my one complaint from season 3. We really needed to lose some of them (Frenchie).

He and Macsun like this.
  2. Prime only exists so people become Amazon members, because members on average shop and spend more. There is limited interest in doing a good job on their shows.

I do agree that the Boys is really good. But it would have done better on another streaming platform.

3. It's doing bonzo business for Prime though. Season 3 was consistently the 4th most watched original streaming show across all platforms while it was on, in terms of hours watched. That's huge, considering it was up against lots of new releases each week and the movie length episodes of Stranger Things 4.

Way more successful than recent Disney+ shows, which couldn't sustain any time in the top 10 at all. But you're right, if this was on Netflix it would be MASSIVE.

johnoclock and Macsun like this.
  4. This too, I guess. I don't really like any of the 'good' characters either.

5. The show would fall apart without Homelander.

They need to give Kimiko and Annie more action, and spend less time with the actual boys.

I'm sad Meave was written out, because the moments she did have, she really shined in, despite getting the sense that they didn't know what to do with her.

Lander, He, Sam and 4 others like this.
  6. I think the actress who played Maeve wanted out and fair play to them for giving her a decent exit.

He and ~Paul~ like this.
  7. He

He

I wish Annie's powers were a bitsy more destructive when charged up. She just pushes people with light. She should have taken a limb out of Soldier Boy, at least.

Verandi, Sam and ~Paul~ like this.
  8. Yeah and when she was getting powered up, floating in the air, only to do exactly what she was able to do all along, that was a teeny bit anticlimactic.

She needs to level up.

Sam, aaronhansome and johnoclock like this.
  9. Yeah she went all super Saiyan and I expected this massive explosion and she just pushed him 10 feet away.

~Paul~ likes this.
  10. I would **** MM. What a man.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.