The Boys (Amazon Prime’s Superhero Show) | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

The Boys (Amazon Prime’s Superhero Show)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by TobyC, Oct 6, 2018.

1. I watched the three new episodes. Really enjoyed them. Bummer it’s weekly after the first drop of episodes though.

2. Watched the first two episodes of season one. Overall really enjoying it but get really bored with the team of non-superheroes stuff. I want to power through this so I can start season 2.

3. It’s weekly? I feel scammed. Wasn’t the first season released at one go?

4. Finished the first episode.. Glad the series is back! To prolong my enjoyment of the series I'm watching the excellent Prime Rewind: Inside The Boys aftershow with Aisha Tyler.. Excellent writing and interviews with the cast.. It's just as gritty, funny and depraved as the actual show!

5. I watched the first two episodes of season 2 and I'm struggling with most of the male characters. They are all so awful. Couldn't they get a French actor? That so called french accent is ridiculous.

I'm glad Kimiko is finally able to express herself.

6. I enjoyed the first episode but loved the second one. I was surprised by the different roll out this time but minded it a lot less as there were at least three episodes so I could get back into it again.

7. I know the series is pretty crazy but the end of that chase in the third episode was a little too much. It was still a good episode but.....yeah.

VitaminBee likes this.
  8. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

Karl Urban's absence went completely unnoticed by me in the first episode dd. They really do drag the show down a bit, huh. I'm much more interested in the happenings with Vaught, et al.

kingbm, Robbietoxic and Steve003 like this.

9. I'm only 5 episodes in but yeah whenever we are not focused on Vaught I get bored.

10. I was about six episodes in to the first season before I realised that Butcher was supposed to be British. Karl Urban wasn't even trying to do the accent, huh?

kingbm and acl like this.
  11. Aya Cash is a real joy to watch on the show this season. Except for that one ugly racist line she got in the third episode which made me pretty mad. I know the show intentionally uses racist and sexist language as social commentary but sometimes I feel like it indulges in those tropes rather than subverting them, teebs. Especially knowing that a probable large part of the audience is exactly the type of toxic white fanboy the show would lampoon.

Monkey0 likes this.
  12. I love this season, it's much more focused and quite on point as commentary of our times. Stormfront is great addition and amazing villian.

13. I'm so into this show

Monkey0 likes this.
  14. I'm glad they've moved a bit away from Homelander being the main antagonist. Stormfront is way more engaging.

I want more Maeve! And more of them using their powers in general. Really do not give a fuck about Deep either.

15. Homelander is one of the best parts of the show imo

Joe. likes this.
  16. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

Homelander is one of the best parts of the show but I also sort of need him to bite it by the end of this season?

Stewart, goatface3128, acl and 6 others like this.
  17. Antony Starr's performance has got to be one of the best performances I've seen in a long time. He is deliciously horrible and the actor is flawless at playing him.

goatface3128 likes this.
  18. I think Homelander is a genuinely terrifying villain and agree he's one of the best things about the show but I agree with @Subwaykid: His character arc needs to come to a climax soon, otherwise he's just going to become a frustratingly looming threat that starts to go round in circles.

Chezam, goatface3128, Lander and 2 others like this.
  19. He's so easy to hate, but i love it. I want to want him to die every season but just stay alive to torment me. The show has such great writing. Hope that doesn't change.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.