The Boys Universe (The Boys, Diabolical, Gen V etc)

Amazon have done such a poor job of pitching this because it's way smarter and funnier than I ever thought it would be.

Prime only exists so people become Amazon members, because members on average shop and spend more. There is limited interest in doing a good job on their shows.

I do agree that the Boys is really good. But it would have done better on another streaming platform.

He/him
Prime only exists so people become Amazon members, because members on average shop and spend more. There is limited interest in doing a good job on their shows.

I do agree that the Boys is really good. But it would have done better on another streaming platform.
It's doing bonzo business for Prime though. Season 3 was consistently the 4th most watched original streaming show across all platforms while it was on, in terms of hours watched. That's huge, considering it was up against lots of new releases each week and the movie length episodes of Stranger Things 4.

Way more successful than recent Disney+ shows, which couldn't sustain any time in the top 10 at all. But you're right, if this was on Netflix it would be MASSIVE.

I mean, Homelander is the show. I don't think there's any question that he only dies or permanently depowers when they're ready to wrap it up. He's absolutely key to the whole thing. Particularly where we are at the end of season 3.

I guess there's nothing you can do if you feel like he's overstaying his welcome. There really isn't much show left for you to enjoy at that point.

Yeah killing Homelander should be the final of the show. He’s the centerpiece.

The boys themselves can be trimmed. A lot.

This too, I guess. I don't really like any of the 'good' characters either.

The show would fall apart without Homelander.

They need to give Kimiko and Annie more action, and spend less time with the actual boys.

I'm sad Meave was written out, because the moments she did have, she really shined in, despite getting the sense that they didn't know what to do with her.

He/Him
Just finished binge watching all 3 seasons and ugh this is so good. It’s probably up there with my fave series.

The violence is too much sometimes which is what put me off watching it for so long but most of the time it’s so over the top and ridiculous I just chuckle. I also didn’t know what the tone was gonna be but there is a good amount of satire which I really enjoyed.

Watching Annie become so kickass during the course of the series and standing up to Homelander was so satisfying to watch.

Random thirsty thought: I always uhh liked Hughie but did he suddenly become really hot in season 3?

Need season 4 to hurry up pls.

I binged Gen V last night, and thought the entire thing was excellent, as good as The Boys at its best. I find The Boys has peaks and valleys quality wise, but all three episodes were just fantastic. And they've weaved it in with The Boys world perfectly.

My only major gripe is that the male presenting counterpart of Jordan Li is baaad, acting wise.

He/him
I've got 2 episodes to catch up on, but I love it, it's a great little surprise. I thought the trailers did it a disservice and I wasn't expecting much from it at all. Will get caught up with it today, as I've managed to avoid spoilers so far.

Yeah I’m loving this as well. I always thought the first season of The Boys was decent and it improved a lot afterwards but Gen V has been fantastic from the start. It has no dud characters either really, I like pretty much everyone so far.