THE BRANDON EFFECT: The Brandon Flowers Solo Rate - WINNER REVEALED | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

THE BRANDON EFFECT: The Brandon Flowers Solo Rate - WINNER REVEALED

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by 2014, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Sawdust isn't great. I think there's one particular song I loved from that album but since it's an album full of b-sides, rarities and covers then it's pretty clear why it doesn't feel like a proper album really.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  2. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I didn't like Sawdust when I was 19 and at the peak of my phase with this type of music, so I'm going to bet nothing's changed.

Jwentz likes this.
  3. There is a new Killers track out on itunes.

4. Isn't it a demo/bonus track from Sam's Town to celebrate the 10th anniversary? I haven't been able to listen to it yet.

5. Me neither. Just pointing out.

6. 2014

2014 Staff Member

What is with acts releasing music as soon as their rates start? First Florence now The Killers smh.

LTG, ohnostalgia and Sprockrooster like this.
  7. It is actually not that good.

8. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I had a dream that I was at a Killers concert last night. @2014 your impact.

steste, 2014 and Sprockrooster like this.
  9. I wish I had dreams like that!

10. I so need to do this. I haven't really revisited their later albums, now seems like a good opportunity!

Read My Mind/Can't Deny My Love top 2, please.

2014 likes this.
  11. I_CANNOT_USE_REAL_WORDS_PROPERLY_ not when All These Things, Bones and When You Were Young exist.

12. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Just to be clear the Killers and Brandon discographies will be separate rates, so give an 11 for The Killers and an 11 for Brandon. I think that's the fairest way.

Jwentz likes this.
  13. Read My Mind and Lonely Town are coming for my 11s.

2014 likes this.
  14. The Desired Effect is one of my favorite albums ever but I think my 11 might end up on Flamingo.

2014 likes this.
  15. Just popping in to say that the B-side version of 'Under the Gun' is one of their finest moments. Fucking anthemic.

16. Just loaded up my phone with their discography, so I have no excuse to not get this done in the next week or so!

2014 likes this.
  17. I think there's one acceptable choice for an 11 on Flamingo.

Magdelena.

18. It's only Wednesday, I don't want to fight.

Deleted member 3416 likes this.
  19. Yeah if my 11 was gonna go to anything on Flamingo (it didn't) then it'd be this song.

20. Finished rating Hot Fuss.The trio of Believe Me Natalie-Midnight Show- Everything Will Be Alright at the end of the record snatched me.And Mr Brightside is still fresh and vivid to me.What a debut.

Mr Brightside, 2014 and Sprockrooster like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.