THE BRANDON EFFECT: The Brandon Flowers Solo Rate - WINNER REVEALED | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

THE BRANDON EFFECT: The Brandon Flowers Solo Rate - WINNER REVEALED

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by 2014, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Thoughts so far:
    • The Christmas album is much worse than I remembered.
    • Battle Born is much better than I remembered.
    • I'm not sure if it's just nostalgia but Hot Fuss is one of the most consistently amazing albums I've ever listened to. Only one or two weak spots, and even then they're like 6s in a sea of 10s.
    • I have no idea which song(s) will be the first out. Probably something I'm giving a 9 or 10.

2. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Thank you so much @Hatbar for being our 2nd voter! Just under 3 weeks left to go guys!

3. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Sorry I've left this thread dangling a bit, over the weekend I'm going to try and post my reviews of their first two studios albums, Hot Fuss and Sam's Town, and see if we can get some discussions going and possibly attract more interest. Hope y'all are getting on fine (may extend the deadline if people ask nicely)

CorgiCorgiCorgi likes this.
  4. So happy to see this. Will try and remember to actually get my votes in for this one, after completely forgetting actually submit for the Florence one.

Used to be obsessed, but sorta fell off the bandwagon around Battle Born, but looking forward to rediscovering their discography.

2014 likes this.
  5. I've got all the main albums down, just need to finish the extras and about half of the Brandon solo stuff!

2014 likes this.
  6. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Thank you, with that we're up to 3 votes! And things are surprisingly looking very interesting indeed.

7. 2014

2014 Staff Member

As I can't tag you guys I will be sending PMs out so YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

#2weeksleft

8. You can pm who to tag and I will tag it for you. Just a matter of minutes and I have them easily to spare.

Also an attempt to create goodwill that my 11 will karma it is way to the top.

2014 likes this.
  9. 2014

2014 Staff Member

That's sweet of you! If you just tag everyone that's mentioned interest in this thread that would be more than amazing, thanks! xx

10. Will do! The only thing is I do not know who did vote unless you mentioned it. Not sure if you did.

11. I've voted already so no need to tag me.

12. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Oh yeah that would help! ghetto, hatbar and corgi

CorgiCorgiCorgi likes this.
  13. Here to start a tagging spree. Mods cannot tag in case you didnot know, because their priviliges need to be balanced out so we are #equal.

So here I am to tag y'all. In return I expect some good karma.

Starting with myself, @Sprockrooster (does that even work?!). I am almost finished by the way.

@EnsnareTheSenses
    @aaronhansome
    @Hudweiser
    @ThisIsRogue

Get on it! Remember to send your scores to 2014.

EDIT: It doesnot work.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  14. Here to help 2014 by tagging, cause he can't.

@Eric Generic
    @Jersey
    @P'NutButter
    @ohnostalgia
    @Animalia

Get on it! Do not send your scores to me, but to 2014 by PM. If you accidently send them to me, I unintended might change some scores that help my faves go through. #Karma

Animalia and 2014 like this.
  15. 2014 is a mod and therefore cannot tag. So I am helping out here!

@Jwentz
    @Subwaykid
    @Beginner
    @Syzygyz
    @bichard

Get on it! Remember to send your scores to 2014! If you send them to me I might upgrade your score for my 11 and I will declare myself innocent until you have found proof!

2014 likes this.
  16. Edu and 2014 like this.
  17. Tagging you all as a reminder for this rate, as 2014 cannot #priviliges

@Mr Brightside
    @Wild Man.
    @BeingBoring
    @SuperNerd
    @Mushroom (but be nice to the song corresponding with the first person tagged in this post)

Get on it! Remember to send your scores to 2014 and not to me. I might accidently change your 11 and play innocent.

Mr Brightside and 2014 like this.
  18. 2014 cannot tag, because of mod rules, so here I am to remind you:

@send photo
    @Remorque
    @mung_bean
    @Book Jockey
    @Mikey1701

Get on it! And do not let me down! I am helping you! So if you want to return the favour and help send the scores to me instead of 2014, so I can make sure you give double digits to my 11. Just to be clear. 2014 is the host and needs to get the PM.

mung_bean, 2014 and send photo like this.
  19. WHERE THE FUCK is @KamikazeHeart in this thread? Alerting you know in case you missed this. I am not the host, but 2014 is. So he needs your scores (and so do my faves).

I am done. I think. In case I missed you I just wanted to say it wasnot personal.

20. I only really know them well from Day & Age onwards. If I get the time I'll try to crowbar it in, but it'll be scores based on one listen.

And what's this about not being able to tag???

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.