The Circle | The Popjustice Forum

The Circle

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Andrew.L, Sep 18, 2018.

1. So, anyone else here for this mess?

I’m already sold at that Jeniffer pretending to be an oncologist, because it’s a trusted profession, and the man pretending to be his hot girlfriend.

The scammery of it all.

Mvnl, sfmartin, Stradiwhovius and 2 others like this.
  2. I am certain that impersonating a Doctor isn’t legal.

3. I think impersonating one in medical/professional circumstances is completely against the law, but on social media...
    She’s awful for doing it anyway.

Stradiwhovius and diamondliam like this.
  4. Freddie’s attempt to play is straight is going to be a real rough spot.

I can’t wait to see how he thinks straight boys act while he’s knocking back prosecco.

Mvnl, sfmartin and Andrew.L like this.
  5. Freddie seems determined to make sure everyone in the building hears him.

Mvnl, JMRGBY, Bolton and 5 others like this.
  6. It's an interesting concept at least.

andru likes this.
  7. Mitchell is the worst.

8. Fedddie is going to give herself away by the second episode.

Mvnl, andru, sfmartin and 1 other person like this.
  9. I thought I'd hate this but couldn't tear myself away in the end.

Mvnl, diamondliam and Andrew.L like this.
  10. It's an interesting concept, but I wish they were the ones typing messages to each other. I don't like the disconnect between them telling whoever's listening what to type. I think the friendships would develop better if it was in their own hands.

Stuart, Uno, Tribal Spaceman and 2 others like this.
  11. It’ll be highly interesting to see what tricks they pull out of the bag to stop themselves from being voted off.

Deleted member 5343 and andru like this.
  12. Pretty sure in a modern London building the whole flat would hear Freddie's shrieks. Where is this building anyway?

I was mostly on board with this until the ridiculous 'date' where they were talking to a screen.

Mvnl likes this.
  13. I can see it becoming pretty tedious just watching people say

"Circle, show me my pics"
    "Circle, send message"

andru, Tribal Spaceman and Stuart like this.
  14. It's in Hayes. And yes, unless they're sectioned away floor by floor and distanced from each other, they're all going to hear his yelling.

Dennis and Subspace88 like this.
  15. I imagine they've sound-proofed every room.

16. I don't see how they're going to stretch this 'Coach Trip in a chatroom' concept over three weeks.

The casting for a show based around 'playing a game' seemed a bit off. Getting a bunch of dim twenty-somethings to flirt shamelessly may work for Love Island viewers hungry for a flash of dick or some fumbling under the fake-bake stained sheets, but having eight people text eachother... I don't think they thought this one through.

I did enjoy the fact that the straight-guy pretending to be his girlfriend felt bad because the predatory #lad he was catfishing seemed like a 'nice person'. Straight men wouldn't last five minutes in any other role in this patriarchal horrorshow world they've created.

Mvnl, andru and Dennis like this.
  17. Do you write for the Daily Mail by chance?

18. Yes, Murdoch was quite taken with my hot-takes on the patriarchy.

19. The is gender fluid question revealing the boys to be absolute messes.
    Genelle is a Queen.

Mvnl, andru, sfmartin and 1 other person like this.
  20. I thought I'd give it a shot last night with it on in the background while I was playing on my Nintendo Switch and I'm afraid I was hooked. I think it's really interesting and it's hilarious too.

I'm loving Freddie and "Kate". So funny and so interesting.

sfmartin and Andrew.L like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.