The Corrs

I don't need to be missed by an anti-vax, anti-abortion conspiracy theorist and homophobe, but well done for getting 8th row and spending all that money validating him and his views.
After costs and splitting it with the 3 women and other band members. He won’t be getting much from me.

Me going doesn’t validate his views either, what an odd take. I can’t like them because of Jim?

Officially announced as supporting Shania Twain at BST Hyde Park, London on 7 July.

Jim's views are repugnant, but I get the siblings not cutting ties with their brother - I believe at least 2 have renounced his views?

I fucking hate The Corrs but I can’t seem to find anything outside of some fan forum talking about his views as the majority of search results is taken up by Coors beer, does anyone have any links or sparknotes version?

Most people didn’t know who Jim was back when they were in their prime 25 years ago, so chances are that’s still the case, I’d like to think Natalie Imbruglia isn’t aware of his problematic ways.

Last edited:
After costs and splitting it with the 3 women and other band members. He won’t be getting much from me.

Me going doesn’t validate his views either, what an odd take. I can’t like them because of Jim?

The 3 women have names just so you know.

I’m sure you’re not a misogynist but just optics wise when the discussion is on a man who doesn’t believe in a women’s right to choose to then refer to Andrea, Sharon and Caroline as ‘the 3 women’ is a bit gross.

D

Deleted member 32627

Can't they just do this

resize

Jim is/was part of a right wing group that organized a very scary protest at a drag queen story time I was working at. It was honestly one of the scariest moments in my career not to mention the terrified children and families. The idea of giving him money is insane to me no matter how good the music. Really shocked the sisters just didn’t go it alone tbh.

he/him
Jim is/was part of a right wing group that organized a very scary protest at a drag queen story time I was working at. It was honestly one of the scariest moments in my career not to mention the terrified children and families. The idea of giving him money is insane to me no matter how good the music. Really shocked the sisters just didn’t go it alone tbh.
And yet @Wanted can’t see why people wouldn’t want to fund the band and encouraging his hate.

She/They

I’m so sorry you had to endure that, you shouldn’t have to…and that’s the reality of hate and intolerance. That’s the kind of thing that people continuing to support Jim and continuing to argue why they’ll pay to support him are continuing to fund. Whether they like it or not.

Anyone using the “well they’re family” and “we can just agree to disagree” spiel are making their own bigotry clear without directly saying anything themselves. Because support speaks volumes.

The 3 women have names just so you know.

I’m sure you’re not a misogynist but just optics wise when the discussion is on a man who doesn’t believe in a women’s right to choose to then refer to Andrea, Sharon and Caroline as ‘the 3 women’ is a bit gross.
I thought you were putting me on mute? I’m not trying to offend anyone, you’re assuming I know what Jim had said, which I don’t.

This kinda attitude is repugnant. You can spend your money on whatever you want but don’t expect people to not challenge you on it when it involves people that directly harm our existence with bigotry and ignorance. It just makes you sound as ignorant and bigoted.
It’s not challenging, it’s just hating on those who want to go.

I don’t agree with Jim from the bits I seen posted about him.

I have good friends living in the US who support gun ownership and some who voted for Trump. I am still great friends with them and it doesn't mean I can't enjoy music or hang out with them. We all have different views and just because we love the music of The Corrs, it doesn't mean we support Jim by default.

I went to see The Corrs last year. Did I shout his name out of excitement during the concert? Absolutely not.

Last edited: