The Darkchild Rate: hit me with the winner! | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

The Darkchild Rate: hit me with the winner!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by KingBruno, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Exactly, put the message of Cater 2 U against Survivor and see which comes out on top.

2. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Most of the Brandy songs in this rate haven’t been rated outside her discography rate, though...

Sprockrooster and berserkboi like this.
  3. Eh
    Still a bop.

Anywho, hopefully I'll have time to vote on this. Many a tune hidden in that list.

4. Cater 2 U at least has great vocals, if nothing else. Lease My Love doesn't even have that going for it.

Anyone else notice this is the third rate in fairly quick succession to feature The Boy Is Mine?

Aester, londonrain and berserkboi like this.
  5. Me listening to this list filled with legendary tunes:

[​IMG]

What an all-star cast. I'm in!

Alenko, Elysium, slaybellz and 2 others like this.
  6. We'll know if we get fatigue by its placing in each rate!

Aester and londonrain like this.
  7. I'm going to pass. Despite loving a handful of songs in this rate I also don't listen to or know a solid 2/3 of the songs or more and I'll probably end up scoring some of the R&B too low for everyone's liking and that never goes over well.

8. This sounds like fun! Crazy busy at work this month so please feel free to tag harass me if it get's close to the deadline and I haven't submitted my scores.

KingBruno likes this.
  9. I'm in! (how do I reserve/ do I need to reserve?)

10. Lease My Love should have been a single. It was catchier than the flu and that group was lucky to get even 5 minutes from Darkchild to be honest.

mrdonut, KingBruno, Aester and 2 others like this.
  11. Lease My Love is literally the best song ever. You can't disagree, it's just a fact.

Aester and Old Untouchable Ace like this.
  12. I am relieved to see these last two posts. Lease My Love is great!

13. LiK

LiK

Will participate in this. Going through the list you compiled made me realize just how much nostalgia is attached to his productions for me.

KingBruno likes this.
  14. Britney's He About To Lose Me is missing from this. Popinjustice!
    TLC's Turntable also.
    Beyonce's Scared of Lonely.
    Oh and my ultimate favourite Darkchild production is Things I Heard Before by So Plush.

Actually there are so many missing I guess it would be difficult to include them all.

Another random little Darkchild nugget I like from the Nutty Professer II soundtrack (he was doing his best Max Martin impression here):

15. I didn't even realize he did "He About To Lose Me" and "Don't Keep Me Waiting". Inna & Rodney are a strange match-up!

16. He About To Lose Me is dreadful. There are a ton of better songs not included. Hell, there are better Britney songs not included.

17. This song should have made the list teebs

The other songs I suggested:
    TLC - Turntable
    Jessica Simpson - Imagination
    Jessica Simpson - I Never
    Ariana Grande - Hands On Me

18. Me neither!! What a fake fan am I? That's probably why I love it so much.
    One of my top Britney songs. Absolutely an 11!

Schermafbeelding 2018-06-05 om 21.23.28.png

Old Untouchable Ace likes this.
  19. I think this was produced by Darkchild's brother Fred... they have a very similar sound though.

slaybellz and londonrain like this.
  20. It may be terrible and trashy but it's also amazing.
    To which other Britney songs are you referring?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    Deleted member 29256 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.