The Darkchild Rate: hit me with the winner! | Page 40 | The Popjustice Forum

The Darkchild Rate: hit me with the winner!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by KingBruno, Jun 4, 2018.

1. I can't believe we did it, sis. All those years of promotion paid off!

[​IMG]

2. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

The two of you had better be buying those five other 11-givers drinks at the party - if even one of you had given their 11 to something else then Toni wouldn’t have won!

Out of curiosity, what would people expect to be the winner of a Toni singles rate? He Wasn’t Man Enough (again)? Or something else?

3. Also a reminder to everyone now that this is over: voting is open in the 2018 rate in this very same subforum and though there is not a single Darkchild song in the rate that I'm aware of, we'll all still have a cracking good time x

[​IMG]

4. Time for the “Brandy/Monica Duets” rate! I can just see it now....

Aaaaaaand “The Boy Is Mine” comes in second with “It All Belongs To Me” taking the crown...

5. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

I think @tylerc904 and I are the only people on the whole forum who stan It All Belongs To Me and I would low-key live for it winning a rate.

6. Excuuuuuuse me???

7. We need to do a Monica (singles) rate.

No shade to her discography. But that must win right?!

berserkboi and WowWowWowWow like this.
  8. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

I seem to remember you only giving it a 9.5 in the Brandy rate, whereas @tylerc904 and I gave it a 10...

Knowing this forum, Angel Of Mine will somehow win (despite @HollyDunnSomething inevitably tanking it).

9. I still stan it, it's just not quite on the level of Brandy's other stuff so I couldn't justify a 10.

10. Well to be honest I never imagined He Wasn't Man Enough to win from both Lose My Breath, The Boy Is Mine or telephone. So anything can happen in these rates.

11. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

I think we already established in my own rate that The Boy Is Mine is not even my favourite Monica song from its parent album, so...

12. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Just PM me and we can make it happen!

13. Angel Of Mine will be tanked by me at this point, have had to listen to it so many times for rating this year that I am sick of it! My way of helping The Boy Is Mine :)

14. I might have been rooting more for Lose My Breath but I'm still very happy for the surprise Toni win! What an incredible rate! Thanks so much @KingBruno for all of your time, work and this great idea. Also thank you so so so much to the always incredible @londonrain for taking over and helping get us across the finish line!

15. Thanks again @londonrain for carrying the reigns of this!

Honestly Toni totally deserved this win, she never gets enough love and that song is an underrecognized BANGER. Glad everyone else here saw that too.

I will say -- Nelly Furtado was done a bit dirty in this rate. I know everyone loves her for the Timbaland collabs, but I actually think it is her & Rodney that brought out the best in each other.

16. Most iconic winner from a rate featuring a female duet that is an answer to a male duet.

Edit: wrong quote. Reaction to the Nelly Furtado thing for the winners rate

berserkboi and londonrain like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.