The Darkchild Rate: hit me with the winner! | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

The Darkchild Rate: hit me with the winner!

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by KingBruno, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Count me in for this but I best get cracking. SO many bops

What About Us? was legendary after its first play way back when and Lease My Love goes AWF*. Let Love Lead the Way to go early please

*ready to be rate villain by the sounds of it

2. Finally got my votes in. Can't wait to see how this all unfolds.

3. I'm having second thoughts about my 11... But then again I've already given my 11 to one of the options in another rate, so I suppose I'll give it to something else here.

GimmeWork, londonrain and berserkboi like this.
  4. Leave it with It's Not Right But It's Okay!!!

soratami likes this.
  5. So much for being Team He Wasn't Man Enough...

6. I have done the preliminary scoring (so many 10's), and with me having the 2nd and 3rd off from work - I think I can power through the new-to-me section.

7. Oh I am! It's just that It's Not Right But It's Okay needs to be top 3! And He Wasn't Man Enough wasn't in any other recent rate for that statement from @soratami to vie for that option ;)

Robsolete and soratami like this.
  8. I listened to both versions of If I Told You That back to back and the album/solo version really is SO much better. I suggest people listen to both before deciding on their score! (The right score is 10 by the way).

londonrain likes this.
  9. But it's still not too late to recruit more 11 givers for Toni, so let's try and get him on board!

10. Not my 11, but I gave it the next best score!

11. This is acceptable.

I'd say choose your 11 wisely, but you can't really go wrong here.

12. or

NO ONE do this!!!!

13. I like those two. If there's a wrong choice for an 11 here it's definitely that random country pop song.

londonrain likes this.
  14. I still couldn't start this and I'm running out of time!

15. I think it’ll be for the best (for now) if we go with a one week extension. I hope no one is bothered by it!

VOTING CLOSES JULY 11TH!

soratami, Aester, slaybellz and 4 others like this.
  16. No, an extension is a godsend tbh.

Aester, slaybellz, evilsin and 4 others like this.
  17. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

18. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Public service announcement for those of you who don’t know this about If You Had My Love:

The song was originally titled If I Gave Love and was on Chanté Moore’s 1999 album This Moment Is Mine. After the success of the lead single, Chanté’s Got A Man (which was a US top ten hit) If I Gave Love was planned as the second single but was scrapped because Chanté and the label discovered that Rodney Jerkins had rewritten the lyrics and given it to J.Lo, who released it as If You Had My Love. Chanté talks about this below and says she heard that this was because Puff Daddy asked for the song to be given to J.Lo (who was his girlfriend at the time).

Chanté changed her second single to the ballad I See You In A Different Light, which tanked.

19. It's similar, but it's not the exact same.

20. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

It’s really similar, though - even more so than the “Ryan Tedder rewrites Halo as Already Gone” situation.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.