The Devil Wears Prada

I haven't seen Summer Of Love, but obviously she won the Globe gor Gideon's Daughter. I'd be willing to give her another chance however I still don't like her in this film.

I quite liked it but don't feel the urge to rave about it. Some very funny bits already mentioned in here.

'The book' bit came just after I mentioned the film was like Ugly Betty. I was half expecting the assistant to lose it.

I do love this film, it had a sharp sophisticated humour about it that is pretty rare these days.
Ugly Betty takes a similar structure and adds more sterotypical and campy characters to it, along with less believable storylines. Although UB is less believable and is stretched over a longer period of time, it makes me view The Devil Wears Prada as slighlty more one dimensional than had I not seen UB.

Can anyone help me to understand the timeline of the movie...

When Andy begins to work at Runway it's fall/winter (November/December), right?

Because Emily says that Paris Fashion Week will be "in the fall". And then. by the time Andy needs to find the Harry Potter book it's summer because of how she is dressed.

I watched the movie again - not sure of first time of again dd - I had read the book before the movie anyway - and the offices of supposedly the most glam and chic magazine in the world looking like that was a scream.

I watched the movie again - not sure of first time of again dd - I had read the book before the movie anyway - and the offices of supposedly the most glam and chic magazine in the world looking like that was a scream.

As someone who's worked in many of these offices... that's unfortunately exactly what they look like. The Cosmo offices in London alone were infested with mice to the point you could hear them at your desk in the ceilings above you and were unable to have food out.

Last edited: