The Devil Wears Prada

I didn't like it. I read the book and although it was trashy and "Andi" was quite an irritating character it was still good fun.

The best scene is when Anne Hathaway is laughing at the turquoise belts, Meryl's acting in that scene is amazing.

However, I wish they had made this story a bit darker. I mean Miranda Priestly is an ice-cold bitch in the book but she's basically comedy foil in the film. I also thought Emily Blunt was crap. I had no expectations of her performance but she is a mere stereotype in the film and completely boring. A boring actress. Nearly as boring as Anne Hathaway. And of course it has a boring romantic interest. And a boring set of friends, one which must be black to show that lovely Anne Hathaway is not racist. Snore.

Wow this interesting take on the film. Could not be me!

he/him
I didn't like it. I read the book and although it was trashy and "Andi" was quite an irritating character it was still good fun.

The best scene is when Anne Hathaway is laughing at the turquoise belts, Meryl's acting in that scene is amazing.

However, I wish they had made this story a bit darker. I mean Miranda Priestly is an ice-cold bitch in the book but she's basically comedy foil in the film. I also thought Emily Blunt was crap. I had no expectations of her performance but she is a mere stereotype in the film and completely boring. A boring actress. Nearly as boring as Anne Hathaway. And of course it has a boring romantic interest. And a boring set of friends, one which must be black to show that lovely Anne Hathaway is not racist. Snore.
????

She/Her

7481dbde-a0fa-41e9-8347-b0dce5dd7fb5_text.gif

The promised plot actually sounds excellent:

The storyline being discussed focuses on Miranda Priestly, Streep's Wintour-esque protagonist, at the end of her career, facing the decline of traditional magazine publishing. She's forced to go head-to- head with her former assistant, Blunt's Emily Charlton, now a high-powered executive at a Kering or LVMH-style luxury group, whose advertising dollars Priestly desperately needs.

Meryl got her plaudits (rightly) but Emily and Stanley deserved way more that awards season than they received… at least their performances are now rightly recognised as the masterclasses they are (unless you’re @Cognitive Dissonance obviously)

Anne did her best but Andie is such a wet lettuce, try-hard, wannabe, entitled, wishy-washy mess (with terrible taste in boyfriends AND friends) that she had an impossible task…

He/Him
Anne's character is definitely the most bland character in a sea of very interesting characters. It's definitely something you need to balance the intensities that come from the rest of them though. I think Anne did a great job though. Her boyfriend on the other hand... toss him immediately away. If she is still with him, I will scream. I know the way Miranda demanded so much of Andy's time was not healthy but he literally didn't care or want her to work. I'd say it's healthier to stay working for Miranda than be the girlfriend of Nate.