The Disney Classics Rate (The End.) | Page 100 | The Popjustice Forum

The Disney Classics Rate (The End.)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Animalia, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Nope.

Animalia and eccentricsimply like this.
  2. I actually never realized The Adventures of Ichabod & Mr. Toad was a full-length feature either. If the Bing Crosby-sung "Headless Horseman" had been in this rate, it would have had my 11. I pretty much listen to it on repeat every October.

Animalia likes this.
  3. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Moderator

We're all a collective mess for not giving Snow White at least a point.

4. [​IMG]

5. We're allergic to Phil Collins here.

6. Who else remembers going on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride as a kid and having absolutely no idea what movie it was from?

7. Snowwhite having no vote is definitely a shock. I feel responsible.

8. 2014

2014 Moderator

Noooo Robin Hood and Down Under were literally two of my last cuts - I'm so sorry! And seeing A Goofy Movie linked a couple of pages back, I unironically love that film; it's so amazing and just full on 90's.

9. Inside Out is trite. Pure trite. Hate it.

10. I can see that it might tread the line a few times, but I think the story is consistently told in an incredibly complex, mature way for a kids' film. The idea of sadness being needed just as much as joy is anything but trite, surely. Oh and don't even get me started on Bing Bong, I have too much work to do to spend an hour ugly crying.

It took every ounce of willpower I could muster not to just make a Katy Perry joke nn

11. And then we have the myriad of different psychological concepts that were presented in the movie in a compelling and kid-friendly manner, all while hinting at deeper complexities and real thought put into them by the creators, all going way beyond the already pretty original premise and creating another one of Pixar's trademarked beautiful and fully-realized worlds. Pair concept, message, some really funny/interesting characters and how it walks the line of melancholy and has the guts to treat Sadness as a worthy and necessary emotion not only in the story but also into how it's being told, with some truly melancholic moments that hit like a truck, especially when everything else is so damned funny and inspired............ Not finding it incredible does not compute.

It does have a pretty huge plot hole, but that's about it for the shortcomings.

Subwaykid, aniraz, kalonite and 5 others like this.
  12. Mvnl

Mvnl Moderator

Remind me what that is?

There's a part of the movie where it becomes more of the usual '2 very different characters are forced to travel together and come across plenty obstacles upon their way'-story with it losing its connection to Riley's current state of mind and that's where the movie lost me a little. But overall well done.

alanmr likes this.
  13. I might get a detail or two wrong, since it's been a while, but there's a "recall" system on the shelves where the memories are stored and the workers there are able to activate them at will, so all it should've taken Joy and Sadness to get back to the command center would be getting in one of those and they'd be home in 30 seconds. I remember the producers saying in an interview that it was indeed a plot hole.

Animalia and Mvnl like this.
  14. Look at Jane's waist though, Violet Chachki could never!

Also, I STILL haven't seen Zootopia/Zootropolis so I won't judge you for the fact that you haven't seen Winnie The Pooh 2011 which I also haven't seen..

Animalia likes this.
  15. Thank God the rest of the Something family aren't on the forum! Robin Hood is my Mum's favourite and Brother Bear is my sister's favourite.

Also, I really like The Great Mouse Detective, Bolt, Chicken Little and Meet The Robinsons. Why didn't we do a rate for all the films rather than a top 5?

LKane, GimmeWork and Animalia like this.
  16. I didn't think a rate for all the films would've worked because a lot of people won't have seen many of them and it would've been crazy to ask people to find and watch 57 films! I thought this way made more sense, and it gives fan favourites a better chance against the big famous classics too.

17. Catching up.... The title... Love this already!

Animalia, kalonite and alanmr like this.
  18. Awww an under rated gem!!!

Animalia likes this.
  19. Cackling!!! OMG these write-ups are going to be the death of me!

Animalia, kalonite and alanmr like this.
  20. [​IMG]

Animalia, Ironheade and alanmr like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.