The Disney Classics Rate (The End.) | Page 110 | The Popjustice Forum

The Disney Classics Rate (The End.)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Animalia, Apr 10, 2017.

1. I See The Light, please.

GimmeWork, Mvnl, alanmr and 3 others like this.
  2. I'm OK with Frozen and Moana hanging around until Tangled is eradicated.

GimmeWork, alanmr and Holly Something like this.
  3. Either one of the Tangled ones is good to go next.

Oh, and GET ONE JUMP AHEAD OUT!

4. Oh, come on, but who doesn't love to stuff their face with chocolate? I want it.

alanmr, Aester, DJHazey and 1 other person like this.
  5. I'm not thrilled with this elimination but since it means Let It Go beats the haters I'm going to get my life to that part of it.

[​IMG]

6. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

For the First Time In Forever should still be in because the reprise goes off. Frozen was done just a little bit wrong here. Let it Go should be the top 21st century song. When Will My Life begin will probably go next from those four.

kalonite and Dangerous Maknae like this.
  7. I'm surprised that only one song from Frozen looks like it's going to be in the top 30! I thought it was more popular than that... certainly more popular than Tangled.

alanmr likes this.
  8. Watch "Let it Go" be the next 21st century song to go because #TeamItsOverplayed // #TeamItsOverexposed // #TeamItsOverrated // #TeamWereOutOfOurMinds grouped together and made a power move.

Mina, GimmeWork and alanmr like this.
  9. [​IMG]

I hope this lantern falls down on your head and burns your wig.

10. I've been already burned with 'Hellfire'

[​IMG]

Subwaykid, Mina, alanmr and 2 others like this.
  11. Right! Shall we find out what just misses out on the Top 30?

It's someone's 11...

Your wish is my command.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One Jump Ahead

Highest Score: 11 x1 (@iheartpoptarts), 10 x4 (@Mikl C, @Sideout, @GimmeWork, @MamaHazey)
    Lowest Score: 2 x1 (@Lost Boy), 4.5 x1 (@Ironheade)
    My Score: 8

Sorry poptarts! Aladdin finally loses its first song, leaving just The Little Mermaid and The Lion King untouched going into the Top 30. One Jump Ahead is the energetic, frantic opening number of the film, introducing the audience to our vagabond hero and his frustrating attractiveness wily charms. It’s super fun, upbeat and has some fantastic lyrical moments (“Gotta eat to live, gotta steal to eat, tell you about it when I got the time!” is such an earworm), although it’s not without awkward moments: “Next time, gonna use a nom de plume” feels rather awkwardly forced to me, if I’m being honest. One Jump Ahead had a bit a turbulent creation, poor thing – it was actually the third song written for Aladdin’s introduction. Originally, he was given an emotional ballad titled “Proud of Your Boy” to deliver to his disappointed mother; it was the last song Howard Ashman wrote for Disney, touching on his relationship with his own parents, but unfortunately the studio decided Aladdin’s mother was unnecessary to the film and wrote the character out of it entirely, forcing them cut the song too shortly after Ashman’s death, despite fierce protest from his colleagues. You can hear Alan Menken singing the demo here, it’s really quite lovely (even if it is just Part of Your World 2.0). It was replaced with a traditional I Want song called “Count On Me”. One of the few times Menken wrote the lyrics as well as the music, it’s, well… it’s quite clear why he usually let’s someone else handle that teebs. Hear for yourself. Eventually the producers decided Aladdin needed a more lively, exciting introduction and that was binned too, although some of the piano melody was used later for A Whole New World. Eventually, Tim Rice was drafted in to help and One Jump Ahead was finally born. Phew. History lesson over, let’s see what you guys had to say about it!

DJHazey whips out receipts to back up his love: “This will never not be amazing for every line and how they combine with the melody and rhythm of the song. Another one that always stuck with me from the years listening to the soundtrack on cassette.”, and eccentricsimply jumps in with the praise too: “Another iconic soundtrack.”. Sprockrooster thinks it’s the perfect match for the film: “It works so well in combination with this scene. Hearing this without watching the movie you envision the scene easily.”, while constantino dubs it a “Klepto-anthem!” Would you say it was a scene-stealer? Eh? Eh!? I’ll stop. LKane admits the vocals were the selling point for them: “Love Brad Kane’s voice, if it wasn’t for him maybe I would have give it a lower score.” DID YOU KNOW (and by you, I mean @DJHazey), Brad Kane was Andrew’s brother Tucker in Buffy!? And also he provided Jonathan’s singing voice in the Superstar episode. I have no idea why so many things in this rate circle back round to Buffy, but I’m living for it. GimmeWork’s getting ha life from a slightly different source: “The line by the thirsty townswoman that says ‘Still I think he's rather tasty’ pushed this song from a 9 to a 10 for me! I feel you gurl! As far as cartoon hotties go Aladdin is definately rather tasty.” dddd you’re not wrong don’t @ me. Raichu proves that some opinions are better kept to yourself: “I found myself wanting to jump ahead in the song. Forgettable.”, but thankfully MollieSwift21’s here to liven things up: “Aladdin is the most charismatic prince. Love the beat to it too.” Of course, iheartpoptarts gets to wave goodbye to her 11. Take it away! “It was hard to choose, not gonna lie! But I love Aladdin, he’s my fave, and this is pretty much his theme song.”

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME THE SONG LIST ON THE FIRST PAGE SAID ONCE JUMP AHEAD THIS WHOLE TIME

I hate you all.

13. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

One Jump Ahead would not be my choice of first Aladdin song out.

Yay on my second favorite song making top 30. Kind of surprised!

iheartpoptarts and Animalia like this.
  14. I debated about giving that a 10. It should've have gone yet!

15. The reprise of One Jump Ahead is lovely.

16. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

When You Wish Upon A Star

Once Upon A Dream

Cruella De Vil

Part of Your World
    Under The Sea
    Poor Unfortunate Souls
    Kiss The Girl

Belle
    Be Our Guest
    Beauty & The Beast

Friend Like Me
    Prince Ali
    A Whole New World

Circle of Life
    I Just Can't Wait To Be King
    Be Prepared
    Hakuna Matata
    Can You Feel The Love Tonight?

Just Around The Riverbend
    Colours of the Wind

The Gospel Truth
    Zero To Hero
    I Won't Say (I'm In Love)

Reflection
    I'll Make A Man Out Of You

You'll Be In My Heart

When Will My Life Begin?
    I See The Light

Let It Go

How Far I'll Go / I Am Moana

17. I'm also loving all the Buffy references @Animalia!

[​IMG]

GimmeWork, Mikl C and Animalia like this.
  18. It's Zero to Hero's time, it made the Top 30. Isn't that good enough?

Mina and GimmeWork like this.
  19. Just came in to say that Cinderella was robbed, I get the criticism, it's such a great movie

funkyg, GimmeWork and Animalia like this.
  20. [​IMG]

Subwaykid, Serg., constantino and 6 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.